Saving Money How To Reduce Grocery Bills?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Since the beginning, we have been needing many kinds of things in order to live a life. One of the most important aspect of a life is grocery items. As far as I know, grocery items consume a A LOTS of money from your income. In my city many people spend money on grocery on basic items and it depends on the number of family members in your home. However, I believe that it is normal to spend at least $100 on grocery items in your house if you are living with your wife and have no children in your home. $100 is a quite big amount in my country. So, what are some steps you can take in order to reduce bills when it comes to grocery items?

Last edited:

Good luck

Verified member
You can learn to buy what is just needed not everything because some of the grocery you buy may end up perishing which will not yield anything at the end.Don't spend much money buying groceries.you will end up spending unnecessarily by doing that.There is this saying,Cut your clothes according to your cloth not even your size because you may have big size.

benlouie

Yes, I too thought that the amount spent on grocery items are huge when I went to purchase it. But one day when I and my mother went to buy the same grocery items at the same shop, the bill amount is reduced by 20% than the previous bill that I purchased alone. I was wondering that how could this be possible!! Later my mother explained to me that I know what is missing and how much quantity is required so I can save money by buying limited. From this event I can under that, the person who buys grocery items should be aware of these kinds of things so you can save money.

D

Deleted member 28127

The daily need for grocery let they are making money more than other products that are more expensive or less required every day because small budget with small budget could collect a fourtune to the buyer against of what people are believing this is the reality of this business. So it is recommanded to open a grocery shop as it is a promising business for everyone.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The daily need for grocery let they are making money more than other products that are more expensive or less required every day because small budget with small budget could collect a fourtune to the buyer against of what people are believing this is the reality of this business. So it is recommanded to open a grocery shop as it is a promising business for everyone.

Our government will soon announce budget and it seems like they will announce various kinds of policies and terms and conditions that might affect the economy. The government has raised taxes and abolished tax-free rule when it comes to various products. Many economists have predicted that this will raise inflation rate in the country and the general public will be under great pressure. Under such kind of circumstances, it is almost impossible to save money on groceries. The only way to deal with such problem is to reduce the consumption of food products or items we use daily. This might be a hard decision for many people.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am now tasked to handle the budget of our home and I find it difficult to make ends meet. Don't get me wrong, it is not about a shortage in my finances but just about the assigned budget. Our monthly expense is estimated at 40,000 pesos which is around $800. That will cover our food expenses, utilities and other regular expense including the car's fuel not to forget the salaries of the housemaid and the laundry woman. Base on my computation the budget is quite good and sufficient. But starting in January of this year I got short of 10,000 pesos which is 25% of the budget. It is scary to think that my budget is not enough but frankly speaking it should be enough. Anyway, I am now trying to forecast the expenses for February that I hope would not exceed the amount of the budget.

E

eldavis

When it comes to grocery shopping, most times some persons tend set their wants and needs. Does who studied economics would understand better that there is a huge difference between their wants and needs. I think the best thing to do would be to create a list of the things needed in house, the important once that you cannot do without and they should be listed based on their level of importance, meaning the most needed ones should be at the top.

Caramelle

Before you can start reducing grocery bills, you must first come up with a list of the things you need for a certain period, say a month. From this list, you can items that you can do away with and only buy items that you actually need. One of the things that have helped me save a lot on groceries is by opting for store brands. The biggest supermarket chain in my country does have a store brand with high-quality and reasonably-priced items. I also have a store card from this supermarket which allows me to earn points for every purchase I make, points that I can use to pay off some of my future purchases. I usually take advantage of sales but only for essential items. I plan my purchases to save on transportation costs. I also take advantage of the 5% discount on groceries through a senior citizen discount card owned by a relative. I don't buy all groceries in one place. I buy them at places where they are cheapest. The biggest savings of all comes from minimizing meat and opting for healthier food items.​