How to run a successful blog

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Managing a blog is highly demanding but simple if we can follow simple marketing steps. So many bloggers got discouraged when their blog is not getting reasonable traffic. They forgot that there are people dying to read the topics in the niche they have chosen. These are few steps a blogger needs to get noticed

The niche : the niche you choose should not be saturated one. Except if you have celebrity or a good looking super-model girl who wants to put photos in your blog. That's what we call a vanity blog , it's a saturated blog.

Next, you need to start posting to forums. Put the URL of the blog in your forum signature (don’t spam forums saying “look at my blog”). Look for forums that is similar to the niche or topic that you write about.

Another point is to comment on other people's blogs. Prefer solutions to questions and add the link to your blog. Do not spam, add value and you will see a significant change

Most importantly, you need to keep blogging! Nobody will return to a blog that is updated weekly or only occasionally. You need to add more content at least once per day, especially in the early stages of getting your blog noticed. This is hugely important.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28127

Some forums have promotional directory where you can advertise and then users can take a look at your blog, however spam by private message look at my blog will issue a permanent ban instead and even owner of forum can report your IP to authorities for spamming his forum because spamming is illegal activity and destroy forum architecture, others are renting advertisement place for such kind of situations so you have to be careffull when promoting your blog in forums.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Some forums have promotional directory where you can advertise and then users can take a look at your blog, however spam by private message look at my blog will issue a permanent ban instead and even owner of forum can report your IP to authorities for spamming his forum because spamming is illegal activity and destroy forum architecture, others are renting advertisement place for such kind of situations so you have to be careffull when promoting your blog in forums.
You are absolutely correct. You can put the link to your blog in your forum signature instead of posting the link directly, and it will be regarded as spamming. Quora is one of the best forum where you can post your blogs url but you will be banned if you post the link directly. You can embed it in words and highlight it .

Mika

VIP Contributor
Posting on forums and blog commenting in order to drive traffic to your blog is just a waste of time. Trust me, I tried this method and never succeeded in getting more than 5-10 views in a day. If you want your blog to be successful, you need to focus on doing seo which will improve visibility on search engines.

D

Deleted member 28127

Posting on forums and blog commenting in order to drive traffic to your blog is just a waste of time. Trust me, I tried this method and never succeeded in getting more than 5-10 views in a day. If you want your blog to be successful, you need to focus on doing seo which will improve visibility on search engines.
Some forums have microjob section like Bizdustry or Forumcoin so instead of place your website in banner you can for addition add a little microjob to get comments in your blog like for example Comment on blog for 5 forumcoin or 50 biznotes then you will get interaction because your direction is get interaction not a visitor that visits and leave after a while.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I will agree with you on that, because it's from experience but I still believe you can get a reasonable traffic on forums like quora. Adequate knowledge of SEO is another important thing to take note of, because it will help drive organic traffic to your website. Most importantly, one should keep the blog up to date

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Tgat
Some forums have microjob section like Bizdustry or Forumcoin so instead of place your website in banner you can for addition add a little microjob to get comments in your blog like for example Comment on blog for 5 forumcoin or 50 biznotes then you will get interaction because your direction is get interaction not a visitor that visits and leave after a while.
That's another great idea but it's not an organic traffic and it's likely that the people will not return to site in the future. The best way to generate traffic is the use of the right keywords. This will attract visitors that are interested in the service that you offer and this visitors would turn to paying customers because they are interested in what you offer

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Running a successful blog is not really not easy. There are a lot of things you can know before venturing into blogging which will definitely help you a lot on your journey. One of the things you must know before venturing into blogging is search engine optimisation. This will help you to rank your blog on Google and get a lot of organic traffic. You also need to learn how to create quality content which will engage your visitors.

D

Deleted member 28127

Tgat
That's another great idea but it's not an organic traffic and it's likely that the people will not return to site in the future. The best way to generate traffic is the use of the right keywords. This will attract visitors that are interested in the service that you offer and this visitors would turn to paying customers because they are interested in what you offer
Paying for keyword is most costly than this feature because CPC of keyword click at bing or google adscence can vary from 0,35 $ to 2,2 $ per click to your ad including same keyword, free SEO is gone because your site can be in 5th or 6th page so use of right keywords doesn't bring visitors as expected because many are using same keywords but pay for referencement at google adwords or bing let you in top results this is difference.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My take on a successful blog are the following - interesting niche, interesting write up, easy to read and informative. Of course, the aesthetic aspect is also helpful like you add images or short videos but they should be directly related to the subject of the blog. Uploading a new blog regularly is imperative to maintain the reader's attention.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me the first thing should be the content, let the content be valuable so that people will keep returning then your blog to read. Then you need to keep updating the site and don’t forget to still remain the quality of post. Next, is to share your online everywhere online

D

Deleted member 28127

For me the first thing should be the content, let the content be valuable so that people will keep returning then your blog to read. Then you need to keep updating the site and don’t forget to still remain the quality of post. Next, is to share your online everywhere online
Admin can go to holidays so this is why there must be a team of editors so for example if an editor is absent for holidays or for whatever offline engagement reason the other editor still contribute in blog so there will no be lack of activity anytime the blog will be feed up weekly or daily with fresh news this is my personal point of view.