How to save for your Dream House

Dgeorge

How to save up for your dream house..

1. Tap into low down payment programs.

2. Make your savings plan for the year more manageable by looking into mortgage programs that allow smaller down payments. ...

3. Check if you qualify for special housing discounts. ...

4. Refinance your student loans. ...

5. Stash (a portion of) your windfalls. ...

6.Grow your money with a CD.

Finally, look at building up your diligently saved money. The stock market can rise and fall drastically in the short term, so it isn’t wise to invest your savings in stocks if you want to buy a home soon.

But your funds don’t need to languish in a traditional savings account with low interest, either.

Consider a certificate of deposit. A CD locks up your money for a period of time, generally from six months to five years, for a higher rate of return. If you can deposit $5,000 for a five-year term, you could find CD rates as high as 2.05%. Some one-year CDs with $1 minimum deposits can earn 1.20% interest, which is higher than that for most savings accounts.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be honest, we were saving for our dream home for many years but we did not succeed. We bought our home via a bank loan courtesy of my employer (which is a commercial bank). We are fortunate that the old house we bought has the very same design that my wife wanted. It is 2 story that is split level which means half of the house is one story and the rest is 2 story. This is a nice house that we been dreaming of and it is just a stroke of luck that we were able to buy this.

My advice to the young ones who are aspiring to have a home of their own is not only to save but also to look for ways and means to purchase or to build your house. You can aim to buy a lot even a small one just to have a property that later on building a house would be easier.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well I am not an estate manager and I really can’t say much about the profession but yet I still think that some things are not right about this and this is based on assurance. I mean if one is going to try out something like this, I would like to know if there is any level of certainty that there will be success after doing this because what I am certain about is that there are a lot of programs like this very one and at the end of the day you will later come to find out that is the case of easier said than done which has misled so many people and they eventually find it to be a waste of time.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It will even be much more easier if it is possible for you to pay for the house on installment and that is even the best because you could possibly be paying the little amount of money you have on monthly basis . But if this is not possible I believe the best thing you just have to do is to save as much money as possible to buys the property.

Sometimes people who are expecting some money can possibly get a loan to buys their dream house because they are just interested in securing the property just to prevent other people from buying it , this is even the best if you have a constant and external source of income to pay back the loan you have collected because you are collecting the loan to establish something permanent in your life and it is quite predictable that there is no failure when you have bought this property.

If it's might take years to raise the required money that is needed to buy this property , I believe the best thing is for you to always try to invest the money on something so that when you are getting it all at once you will still have some interest.

Shigobad2020

We have many ways in which we can save for our dream house because most of the time , its not easy to get a huge amount of money to get your dream house built , because fingers are not equal , we have some people who can build their dream house within a month and they have the money ready , but for those who have short amount of money as their income , you can start saving using the following methods ,
First if you are a salary earner , you first need to sort out your finances and get a plan
to know the percentage of your salary you need to be saving every month in order to meet up the target needed to build your dream house .
Secondly you can as well be investing the percentage you are saving into a business which will bring you more money to meet your need.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Everyone has dreams in life especially to buy or build a beautiful house. The truth is that it is not always easy to save for your dream house. You need a lot of money for this and it is impossible to earn this money from your job alone. There are people who finally succeed in buying their dream house either because they do a very profitable job or because they have economic help from their parents.

To be honest, I would like to have a beautiful house as well. However, I know that it is very difficult to achieve this. Perhaps, if I won the lottery one day, I will make my dream come true. Anyway, health and love are more important than houses. :)