How to save money on gas

Knowlopedia

Valued Contributor
Here are some tips on how to save money on gas:

1. Use gas rewards credit cards
If you frequently find yourself filling up your tank, you might as well get gas rewards credit cards and earn points or cash back on every purchase. This will help you save money in the long run.

2. Compare gas prices
Before you fill up your tank, take a few minutes to compare gas prices in your area. You can do this online or by using a gas price app. This way, you’ll know where to get the cheapest gas and can save yourself some money.

3. Drive less
One of the best ways to save money on gas is to simply drive less. If you can carpool, ride a bike, or take public transportation whenever possible, you’ll save a lot of money in the long run.

4. Drive efficiently
If you have to drive, there are ways to do it more efficiently and save money on gas. Avoiding sudden acceleration and braking, as well as keeping your tires properly inflated, can help you save gas and money.

5. Get a fuel-efficient car
If you’re in the market for a new car, consider getting a fuel-efficient model. These days, there are plenty of great options that won’t break the bank and will help you save money on gas.

Yusra3

Banned
Gas is a big expense, and it's easy to get stuck paying more than you need to. Here's how to save money on gas:

1.Don't fill up your tank until you're about half full. When your car is full, it takes more fuel to drive it down the road. If you wait until your tank is only half full, you'll be able to use less gas when you start driving.

2.Drive at least 20 miles per hour below the speed limit (so as not to waste gas). The faster you drive, the more gas you use and that means higher gas bills! So if you can drive 20 miles per hour slower than other drivers on the road, do it!

3.Avoid heavy traffic areas where people are likely to be driving too fast for their own good. If there's a high concentration of rush-hour traffic in an area where people are likely to drive fast for fun, then this is probably not a good place for you either!

HeavLeighGill

Sadly, I can't drive less living in a rural area. Only way I could really save would be to put my preschooler on the bus, but that same bus driver forgot my nephew on the bus a few weeks ago and wants to sit my 4 year old at the back of the bus in a harness she can't undo herself, so I changed her to a car rider. Only thing I can really do is check prices at gas stations.