How to Sell Digital Products to Build an Income

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
What exactly are digital products?

Digital products are the products that customers can download and use them. Digital products can be anything from ebooks to printable wall art, digital planner, workbooks, online courses, webinars, post cards, calendars, etc.

The best things about selling digital product are:

It is complete passive income source.

It has low maintenance.

You create the product only once.

You sell the same product over and over.

Freelancing Vs. Selling Digital Products

Selling digital products is better that freelancing because you work only once to create digital products but as a freelancer you will have to work on gigs regularly. Just like freelancing marketplaces, there are also marketplaces for selling digital products.

How to sell digital products?

You can sell digital products on the following marketplaces

Amazon: eBooks, Audiobooks

Etsy: Printable wall art, digital planner, workbooks, post cards, and calendars

Udemy: Online courses

Soundcloud: Podcasts

Your website: You can sell everything on your website that you are selling on various marketplaces, including webinars.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
What you've said here is explicit, I've learned from it. The option on my mind is cresting an ebook and selling at Amazon, audiobooks. I love writing and very soon, I'll be sharing my knowledge on the things I think makes me money. At this time, I'm not going to rush it up nor pirate another author's book and changing it's cover just to earn reward from it. I want to be the sole owner of the book, no copyright infringement, I know it will take time for me to get there. But nothing will stop me provided that, I'm ready for it. Let's see how it goes in tbe future, their are many things to write for, it just depends on how beneficial the niche it's to you before sharing for others to gain knowledge about it.

Selling podcasts is an option option, I've seen and heard about users selling this records which is based on enlightenment to other users who needed it most, that's tremendous way if sharing make money opportunities as well. Graphics designs, websites, YouTube channel, domain names, etc, are digital products to sell off and make money from. That's options newbies should look into, I'm still weighing my options to go into them.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can sell digital products on your own store or third-party marketplaces. You only create the product once but can sell it again and again and make money. In fact, selling digital products is one of the best ways to build a passive income source. However, you need knowledge and skills to create digital products. For instance, you can sell digital art on fine art America and make passive income, however, you need photoshop skills to create digital art, you can sell ebook on Amazon, in fact selling ebooks is one of the best ways to make money online, however, before you can sell ebooks you need ebook writing skills. You can sell printables, calendars, etc, but before you can sell you need to create these items and you need graphic designing skills to create these products. Selling courses is very lucrative, however, before you can sell courses you need video-making skills (for video courses) podcasting skills (for audio courses), and writing skills (to write course materials). If you do not have the skills and expertise to create digital products you might not be able to create digital courses. Last but not the least, you also need digital marketing and SEO skills to sell proucts.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Well I see you all made crucial points, but If you're selling digital products, there's a good chance you're using an automated sales funnel. A sales funnel is a way to organize your product offerings, marketing efforts and customer relationships so you can get more people through your sales process and make more money.

Sales funnels are most commonly used by e-commerce businesses with physical products. Digital products don't have a physical presence, so it makes sense that many digital sellers don't think about them. But digital products can be sold in the same way as physical ones. Here's how:

Create an offer for your target market

You need to be able to create a compelling offer that makes sense to your audience. In this case, it will likely be free or low cost. The offer should provide enough value that people would want to sign up — but not so much that they'd feel obligated to buy something later on down the line just because they signed up early on. For example, if you're selling courses on how to make money online, then offering an email course might be enough of an incentive for someone interested in making money online and willing to learn more about it. If you're selling courses on how to make money from home without leavingleaving.

Ileana

It is easy to sell digital products online. Anyone can do it – with or without experience, e-commerce solutions are the most powerful way to build an online business. You should also consider using social networking sites and online marketplaces like Amazon and eBay for your eCommerce store. If you are looking for a way to build an income, online e-commerce solutions can help. You can offer products like photos, images, and audio files to sell over the Internet or through your website. The best way to sell digital products is with an online store that lets you sell your wares directly from your website. Assiduus Global Inc provides e-commerce solutions for selling digital products. As a professional online e-commerce solutions provider, They have been helping online entrepreneurs to develop their business and at the same time achieve personal goals.

Digital products are a great way to make money on the internet. They are easy to produce and can be sold over and over again. In this article, we will take a look at how to sell digital products and build an income with them.

The first step is to find a good market for your product. There are many different markets to choose from, but you will want to find one that is profitable and has a lot of potential. Once you have found a market, you will need to do some research to determine what type of product would be the best fit.

After you have determined the type of product you want to create, it’s time to start creating it. This can be done in a variety of ways, but the most common is to create a digital course or ebook. Both of these products are very easy to produce and can be sold over and over again.

Once your product is complete, it’s time to start selling it. There are a number of different ways to do this, but the most common is through an online store or website. You can also sell your product through other channels, such as social media or email marketing.

By following the steps listed above, you can easily start selling digital products and building an income with them. Just make sure you find a profitable market and create a high-quality product that your customers will love.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Good morning from my region everyone! Your thread is very interesting and useful indeed. It is a great idea to make money by selling digital products. To be honest, I have not tried this earning method yet although I have heard that a lot of people around the world make a good income every day just by selling digital products. The good news is that you can sell the same product over and over again. What's more, by selling digital products, you earn money passively! It is wonderful that you can sell these products either on your own store or on other marketplaces like Amazon, Etsy or Udemy. Thank you for explaining everything very well in your post. This is very helpful for everyone and especially for beginners like myself. It is highly appreciated.

Caramelle

Selling digital products such as online courses has been on my mind lately. Indeed, it's a great idea when one is looking for a passive stream of income. In my country, for instance, registered professionals are usually required to attend seminars or training as part of their continuing professional development. We can make take advantage of such requirements by offering webinars or pre-recorded learning videos on topics relevant to their professions.

I have been planning to put together basic office productivity training videos to offer as an 80-hour ICT training course for teachers who may need ICT training certifications to boost their ranking in the public teaching qualifications. If you happen to do a search on Facebook for this topic, you'll find several users offering ICT courses that people can finish at their own pace or in the shortest time if they actually need the certificate badly. Most are offering these simple courses at a hefty price. I can use the certification myself but I believe that I can offer the same basic courses at a more reasonable rate. People nowadays are looking for alternative or flexible ways to earn learning credits and that's the opportunity to introduce online training. For this purpose, one may have to register formally as a business.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you really want to create a very good passive income for yourself then you should always consider selling digital products online because they can give you a lot of money passively.

There are several ways in which you can go about this and there are several digital products you can create and sale. one of it is Amazon Kindle publishing. Amazon Kindle publishing has proven to be one of the best ways a lot of people make money on the internet currently.

All you need to do is to study how to publish your books on Amazon and know-how Amazon algorithm works and from there, you can stand a chance of making some cool amount of money from it.

The beautiful thing about Amazon Kindle publishing is that you can publish low content books on the platform and stand the chance of making some good amount of money from it.

Apart from Amazon Kindle publishing there are also several ways in which you can sell your eBooks on the internet and one of it is venturing into a platform like gumroad.

Gumroad is a platform that allows people to sell digital products and make money from it. You can promote your eBooks on social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook as the case may be.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Before you want to sell digital products, you need the right skills and knowledge to create digital products, for example, if you want to sell ebooks, you need writing skills, not general writing skills for advanced language and writing skills. If you cannot produce a good quality ebook, you cannot sell your ebook, and when you cannot sell your ebook there the whole idea of selling digital products become nothingness. If you want to sell printables, you need graphic designing skills, you need advanced skills with Photoshop. Well, you can use Canva to design printables but even when you use Canva, you need professional skills to create a digital product. If you do not have the skills to create the digital product you want to sell, you can either attend training to develop skills or hire someone to design the product. As far as I am concerned, the option is better.