How to Sell Your Freelancing Services to Boost Your Freelancing Career

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can sell your freelancing services in a number of ways:

Freelance Marketplace: Sites like Fiverr, Upwork, Guru, Freelancer, etc.

Forums: Webmaster Forums like Forum Promotion, or Discussion boards like Reddit

Social Media: Sites like Facebook, LinkedIn, are good platforms to sell freelancing sites

Website/Blog: You can also directly sell through your own website or blog.

For a lot of people joining freelancing sites and starting selling freelancing services is the most accessible way to make money as a freelancer. Well, there is nothing wrong with using freelancing sites like Fiverr, Upwork, Guru, Freelancers, People Per Hour, SEO Clerks, etc. Yes, it is relatively easy to sell your services on freelancing sites, however, you must be aware that you will also be giving away a lot of money either as a commission or withdrawal fees, or both.

You can sell your freelancing services through forums, online communities, and social media but this can be very risky because the client might deny payment or vanish without paying you. The worst part is you cannot do anything to get back your money, there is no mediation service available.

You have full control when you see through your own website, however, chances of getting hired through your website are slim because people may never discover you.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think that there could be various places where you could sell your freelancing services in order to gain more exposure and make more money. Online marketplaces like Fiver, Up work, etc are quite popular ways to sell your skills and make money, but they are quite competitive. I have worked for a few clients and approached them on many online forums, but I think that bidding sites could be also a great place to sell your services and make money. the only problem with bidding sites is that you may only get work once you are approved by the employer, so they real trick here is to bid on as many projects as you can and try to bid on as many bidding websites as you can.

I have also noticed that there are many online platforms that are quite similar to Upwork and Fiverr, but they have a very low quantity of projects available. This is quite disheartening and this also suggests that freelancing projects or opportunities are limited to certain popular marketplaces only. I think you can also approach blog owner and ask for work from them. There are many article and content submission sites that accept guest posts from people and they are a great places where you can sell your freelancing services.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I work on Fiverr, I make money on Fiverr. Since I am earning well on FIverr, I never considered joining other freelancing sites like upwork or freelance. There is also another reason for not joining sites like upwork. On upwork, you will have to constantly bid on jobs, send applications. You might have to apply on over a dozen jobs before your application is accepted, or perhaps you might have to apply for couple of dozens. However, Fiverr is completely passive. I have created half dozen gigs, and when ever someone orders a gig, I get notification email and then I go bock to the site and start communicating with the client and take the contract. I do not have to go to the site every day and see of jobs are available. I am also active on social site, and I also get a lot of freelancer contracts boa social site. SInce I have been cheated on multiple times, these days work only when the client agrees to use escrow service. Escrow service will give me payment security. However, escrow disbursement fees are high. Therefore, I take the job only when it offers higher payment. I also get orders from my website.