How to Speed Up Your WordPress Website

Mika

VIP Contributor
Your work as a webmaster does not end when your website is live, there are a lot of things to do, like backing up and securing your website, doing search engine optimization, etc.

However, there is also one important thing to consider that is optimizing your WordPress website for fast loading, optimizing a website for user interface and user experience, etc.

One of the best WordPress optimization plugins I have come across is called perfmatters. This plugin will optimize your WordPress site for speed. It removes unwanted features from WordPress to make your website lightweight for faster loading. This is a paid plugin.

There is also a plugin called Auto Optimize. This plugin enables and disable minification to make your website load faster. Minification is a process that minimizes codes and mark up on your website to make it load faster.

You can also improve your website speed with WP Rocket.

In order to improve speed, you will have to use an image compressor. For this purpose, I recommend WP Compress.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I do not know anything about these plugins, in fact this is the first time I have herd of these plugins. You need your website to load faster, however, I don't think plugins should be the ultimate answer to speed up your wordpress website. If you are using plugins to implement various things on your website, and if you are using a lot of plugins, these plugins will make your website slow. The best thing about using wordpress to build website is you can build any kind of website through plugins, however, these plugins will ultimately will affect your website performance. Therefore, you should minimize plugin use. For instance, why should you use image optimization plugin, when you can upload optimized images. Why should you use a plugin to make your website lightweight when you can make your website lightweight by using light weight theme. You can even use third party hosted images on your website instead of directly uploading images on your website. Instead of using different plugins for social media sharing option, you can use one plugin that will provide share option to various social sites. You can even .limit image usage on your website. Do not use image and videos unless you actually have to.