How to Start a Career in Programming Now

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The best way to start a career in programming is by working on a project that has a direct impact on your career.You should start by learning the basics of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. If you don't know any of these, then you should start learning them right away. You can find plenty of resources online to help you in your quest. Once those three languages are mastered, then you can start looking at how they fit together in web design and development projects. This will give you the chance to learn about how different sites work, which will make it easier when it comes to applying what you've learned in your own projects.

Once this is done, it's time to look at other advance languages too. You can also learn python, ruby, php, swift, GO, Elm, Rust, and more. You should just discover yourself, if you want to be a front end or back end developer.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am a programmer. How did I start?
After I graduated in management, I went to a software school where I started learning different programming languages. I spent 2 years learning various programming languages. After I earned a diploma, I started looking for a job and was finally hired by a small company where I had to design and build apps, websites, and software. Later I negotiated with another company for higher pay and then switched the job. If you cannot go to a regular IT school, and spend 2 years learning programming, you can start learning online, there are numerous platforms where you can learn coding. Recently, I came to know that Udemy was voted the number one platform to learn to code. You can join any programming course on Udemy. However, my favorite platform is codeacdemy, this is a platform to learn programming from beginner level to advance level, their courses are aimed at building projects.