How to start an ostrich farm.

Determine which ostrich products to sell in order to produce revenue from the farm,Locate an area of land that can be used for the ostrich farm,provide a sufficient supply of food and water for the ostrich farm., choose a type of ostrich to raise and purchase ostriches for the farm

Mellorando

Banned
Did you know that ostrich farming in Africa is a huge business opportunity? You’re about to learn some incredible stuff about this business.

Although many people don’t know this, ostriches produce more meat than cattle and contain the least fat, calories and cholesterol of all meats (beef, chicken, pork, lamb and turkey).Because it’s not as common as other meats, ostrich meat fetches a very high and handsome price. Ostrich farming is one type of agriculture that can have many advantages. According to Mother Earth News, ostriches produce meat and consume resources at a ratio that is much more profitable than beef cattle. A ostrich farm requires only a small areas of land and can generate revenue in several different ways.
To give you an idea of the profitability of this venture, an ostrich egg can fetch up to $500, a breeding ostrich can sell for up to 5,000 US dollars and those with feathers which are highly prized in fashion and décor circles can be sold for up to 3,000 US dollars.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am curious about this thread because I have a friend whose father had a small ostrich farm. One newspaper columnist made a hype on the ostrich so some investors bought ostrich for breeding. There were many ostrich farm in the province of Nueva Ecija. They said that raising ostrich is easier than chicken. The ostrich needs a corral or an enclosure so it has freedom of movement. As long as there is food and greenery in the corral the ostrich is good. When the ostrich laid eggs and the small ostrich grew that can be slaughtered for meat that was the time that ostrich raisers discovered the sad fact - no one is interested in buying ostrich meat. That was in the year 2001 and now I have not heard of an ostrich farm anymore. I guess all those investors in ostrich raising did not earn money.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
For intending ostrich farming, it involves a very broad, thorough, and extensive research planning, and investment. Provision of secure land for a co-op farm and valuating equipment such as greenhouse, fences and others necessary. Get the required licenses and permits. Listen to the given audio and classify the given sentences according to the speaker's perspective. Sustain breeding stock from reliable suppliers. Grasp stork marital life in the light of nutrition, management and health of animals, as well as reproduction. Create a business plan draft with cash flow projections, revenue forecast from meat, eggs, hides, feathers and marketing strategy. Ostrich farming resource center may be of help in times you need assistance and you can also use the opportunity to network with associates. Having understood the entirety and having been willing to undertake this, ostriche farming will definitely be a distinctive agro venture.