How To Start Making Money With Freelancing in 2021

AndyC

Make Money Freelancing
F9C70E97-C6BC-40B7-BA82-8D7C6B4F623F.jpeg

Everyone wants to make money online. But what way is the best way to earn money? Is it affiliate marketing? Selling your own products? Or how about freelancing? Well, we will in this article focus on ideas about how to start earning money freelancing on the internet.

Start A Freelancing Career

There are two types of people who are starting out in freelancing, those who have some money to work with and those who have no money at all.

Let’s start with some ideas for the people who start out broke and are looking to build up their business.

Join a Freelancing Website

Join a freelancing website like fiverr or Legiit. These websites allow you to create a profile and sell your services on their website. They do take a portion of your earnings in exchange for the traffic their sites receive and the convenience and safety they offer their visitors purchasing these services.

When you are just starting off you probably don’t have much money spend on what it takes to get a website started, like hosting, buying a domain, generating paid traffic to site, etc.

By joining an established site they have traffic coming onto their sites looking for the work that you can provide. The visitors also feel comfortable purchasing from you because they have faith in the website that is providing these services. Fiverr and Legiit have built their brands and protect their customers from dishonest practices.

With these positives do come some negatives. These websites will take a fee from you every time you make a sale. They also have many other freelancers on their site that are directly competing with you.

The competition can be a problem for you if you only rely on the traffic generated by these websites. If you use social media platforms that are free to join and promote your services. You can drive this traffic to your services.

Joining sites like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube are just a few sites that you can create a following on and send this traffic to your link on one of these freelancing websites.

Use Your Own Website

Buying an established website or building your own website may be an option if you are starting off with money to use to build up your business.

If you are able to generate traffic to your own website you can sell your services on there and keep all of the money you charge for your services. This is a great option because you can eliminate the middleman that takes a fee on every transaction.

If you are able to use social media platforms to drive traffic to your site this will solve many of the problems you will face on these freelance websites concerning competitors in your field of work.

With your own site you will have to coordinate payment processors like a PayPal to accept payments on your website. There will be other responsibilities you will have with your own site but you will also have the benefits as well.

Social Media

Establishing a social media presence is a must if you want free traffic going to your profile on fiverr, Legiit or your website.

Deciding on what services you are going to sell is the key to your success. There are many options that you can provide, but you should promote the services that your abilities will provide the most value to your clients.

How To Find Customers

Let’s for example you are make videos for small businesses, affiliate marketers or just marketers in general.

Let’s look for people who are are selling some type of goods that you could turn their products into a short video.

Florists are always creating flower arrangements for all holidays and seasons. They take many photos of their work and post it online. But maybe they would like someone like you to turn these still photos into a short video.

So let’s search on Twitter or Facebook for florists. You would think it’s easy to send direct messages right to their business through one of these platforms or find their phone or email to contact them that way.

Offer your services to these businesses ask them if they would like you to make a video for them. Many of these people will not return your email, call or direct message but some of them will.

These people that do respond, you can direct them to your website or profile.

You can pick many different industries on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform.

Selling videos to businesses is an easy way to freelance today. Video making software is easy to use and some offer free trial offers that you can make unlimited videos in that trial period.

This offers you a way to build up your business without spending any money upfront. You can create videos for businesses without spending money and when you collect the money from these sales you can use that to pay for the software after the trial period is over.

There are many florists on Instagram or Facebook all over the country, finding potential customers is easy, reaching out to them does take time.

This process can be done with bakeries, auto sales, furniture stores, basically anyone that wants to sell or advertise online.

Video Software Marketing

Video is a growing from of advertising today. Just look at how successful YouTube is, people love to watch videos.

Asking for photos an uploading them into video making software and creating short videos is quick and easy. These videos people will want to post on their social media platforms to promote their products. This type of service will help you earn extra money along with helping your clients business be more productive.

You can use this software it offers a 14-day free trial it is easy to use, makes great videos and you can start making money now with it.

Freelancing Options

There are many options when you are starting up your career in freelancing. You should look for jobs that you are good at, and use your talents so that you can help others.

cmoneyspinner

As the popular song lyrics say: “I get by with a little help from my friends.”

One friend recommended a PTP forum which I joined. In that forum another friend recommended more PTP forums which I joined. One of those forums turned out to be a community similar to Fiverr where I could advertise my services as a freelancer. I have been active in this community for about 3 years. Once I started freelancing. I never looked back. The only thing on your list that I have not tried is Video Software Marketing. I have no knowledge in that area. But the rest of your tips? I say Go For It!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think freelancing is the way to go now when it comes to making money online. Freelancing helps one to work on different areas and this minimize the problem of boredom when jobs gotten offline where one has to do the same kind of duty day In day out. What freelancing demands more is acquisition of skills.when once one has some marketable skills then making through freelancing becomes very easy. It will need one just registering on some good freelancing sites and a career has started already.

Chirunim

I really find this information helpful and I see freelancing as a good idea for start up writers. Personally I've been writing for a long time but I haven't given thought to using it to advance my financial status because I'm living alright. But now with the changes in global economy and the focus on individuals being financially independent I see myself giving the freelancing job a big shot.

So thank you for sharing this, I'll take notes and hopefully I can begin to advance my writing career.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I think creating your own website is a better idea, but this will require lot of time, so if one have lot of free time, then only go with this idea. Website will attract advertisement if it is able to attract traffic. Also there are affiliates and ad networks where we can monetize the website. Social media is really good option to get free traffic, but actually there we get most paid traffic because often site owners either pay to share the link or they sponsor their link in social media.
On video software marketing, idea is good, but this will work only when we have platform ready.

Carson20t

I equally think the same thing that setting up your gigs is somehow the way to go and you will be set up and able to earn from the freelance work eve tally once you have marketed yourself and you your ptofilenis quality.
Am really anticipating good returns on these kinds of work this year but i think ensuring that you have all the necessary working tools at your convenience will really place you at an adbantage and state that you are a professional at your work and clients will be floating in no time.

Ebukaemmanuel

yeah,creating your own website, to me I think that creating your own website is one of the best ,because there the more people come to in touch with your website the more you gain. I will really love to create my own website ,is just that I don't know know how to but I know I will someday.