How to start your own poultry

Accurate

Good day guys, today I'm going to be sharing my ideas on how to start and earn from a poultry, so let's get to it;
Firstly what is a poultry? Well the most widely accepted defination of poultry is this is the rearing of animal for food or money or both now with that info youre good to go.
Secondly you have to consider some factors before you venture into such business and these are;
1 Money
2 Time
3 season, these I will explain now;

First which is already self explanatory is money because when you don't have money then this business is not for you because this type of busness takes a lot of money to run.

Secondly time, yeah time this is a very important factor why? Becuse once you don't have time for the animals they are very likely to die and this will be bad for the business so before you start you have to calculate the time you have and if it will be enough for the animals lives.

Thirdly season, this factor once ignored will be the fate of the business to people who rear for income because there is a specific time when livestock's sells like, Christmas, newyear, and others plan for the season will be the finisher of the business.
And after these factors all you need now is feed and an expert to teach you when and what to feed your animals with, the drugs to make them healthy and you're good to go.

Kendy

Verified member
Poultry farming is one profitable or lucrative agricultural activity which if handled properly, would bring so much profits despite the high cost of their feeding items. In my country, this venture is widely adopted by both working class and non-working class individuals. The business can be operated when there is adequate funding, time, experience and also the season matters. This business demands capital because the prices of food for the poultry do fluctuate a any given chance. The businesses demands feeding materials like; the chicken feed, the drugs and their get checkups from time to time.

This business has different preferences as there are many species of chickens; Broilers, layers and the rest. Now, layers are the chickens that lay eggs and this type is very profitable because the farmer would have two different options of making money and some Broilers also lay eggs but at their very matured stage. Experience is necessary in this business because one major disadvantage and what causes death rate is when once a particular chicken is dick and the farmer fails to spot it out early, it becomes a major problem got all other chickens. Time is indeed vital do they are not starved to death.

Accurate

Poultry farming is one profitable or lucrative agricultural activity which if handled properly, would bring so much profits despite the high cost of their feeding items. In my country, this venture is widely adopted by both working class and non-working class individuals. The business can be operated when there is adequate funding, time, experience and also the season matters. This business demands capital because the prices of food for the poultry do fluctuate a any given chance. The businesses demands feeding materials like; the chicken feed, the drugs and their get checkups from time to time.

This business has different preferences as there are many species of chickens; Broilers, layers and the rest. Now, layers are the chickens that lay eggs and this type is very profitable because the farmer would have two different options of making money and some Broilers also lay eggs but at their very matured stage. Experience is necessary in this business because one major disadvantage and what causes death rate is when once a particular chicken is dick and the farmer fails to spot it out early, it becomes a major problem got all other chickens. Time is indeed vital do they are not starved to death.
Thats a really awesome addition to my post and I learned a lot from your addition but what gave me delight is when you brought up the eggs I forgot to add to my forum egg selling during poultry is a very good business that brings income to animal farmers because egg does not require a season to sell cause it is consumed by millions every day thank you for the addition.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
In this part of the world, poultry business is probably one of the best businesses you can think of going into because of how lucrative it is.

I have a friend who is it business and he makes quite a decent amount of money. There are a lot of things you must put into consideration if you really want to become successful in poultry business.

Like the poster have stated, timing is very necessary in this kind of business because if you miscalculate you may run into losses.

One of the things you must do firstly, is to find a very good location that has large portion of land in which you will build your poultry farm.

After you might have gotten a large plot of land for your poultry farm, then you must also have enough money because it requires a lot of money to start depending on how large you want it to be. It can also be started with little amount of money but in a situation whereby you want a large business, then having a lot of money is necessary because you will buy the feeds and construct a house and also provide something like light bulbs.

Poultry products are usually very lucrative in festive seasons.

Rachael

Verified member
This line of business is operated by so many individuals and companies as well. Before starting a poultry farm, there are factors that needs to be put in place. The business idea is one that is profitable and location for this business does not really matter because it is profitable in all part of my country. For individual or household use, for occasions, for big hotels, they all need these chickens to operate their ventures too and even road side barbecue vendors. The first step is to place a budget depending on the number you want to rear and from there, you must find a conducive chicken house where would be conducive to fit them in. A house that is so jam-packed would easily make the chicken die from suffocation. As they grow bigger, they need to be separated to give them chance to grow well.

The specie of the poultry matters a lot and this is where experience comes into play. There are some species that easily get sick and they are others that rarely get sick. Time is of essence when it comes to this poultry business. There should be a consistency in that someone should be there to feed them, change their drinking water and check on them because there are some that die because they might get stuck or pressed by others when struggling for food.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
To start your own poultry is somehow easy, but it can be a little bit more difficult than you think. You need to know what kind of bird you want, where you're going to keep them, and how much time you're willing to spend on them.

What kind of bird do you want?

There are many different types of birds that are good for starting your own poultry. Chickens and turkeys are the two most popular because they produce meat and eggs. Ducks also produce eggs but they aren't as common as chickens or turkeys. Geese aren't very popular because they take up too much space, but they are fun to watch!

Where will your birds live?

You should have a place for your birds to live before you get them. If you don't have any space in your yard then make sure there's plenty of room in your house for them! Make sure there are enough places for them to sleep at night and eat during the day (you can even make one yourself). You'll also need some sort of shelter for when it rains or snows so make sure that's taken care of before buying any birds.