How to Survive the Competition on Social Media

Mika

VIP Contributor
Whether you want to generate traffic, revenue, or sales, you need social media marketing. However, social media is a crowded place and social media marketing is very competitive. It is really hard to generate traffic, revenue, and sales through social media activities even when you run an ad campaign. Here are a few tips to survive the competition on social media

Identify your competitor on social media platforms

Check their pages and account

Analyze their activities (number of followers, likes, posts, frequency of posting, engagements on their posts, etc.)

Find out what kind of hashtags they are using,

Check the overall performance of your competitors

Analyze your competitors’ social media strategy

Based on the data gathered from your competitor, build your social media strategy.

Check your audience, by country, audience, age, interest, etc.

Find out what time of the day most of your audience is active on social media

Check what kind of content they like most.

Find out how they interact with the content (like vs. Comment vs. share)

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have been doing social media marketing since a long time and I believe it is not very difficult to outsmart your competitors on social media. I will give examples based on my own experience. Recently, I bought a product through Facebook. Before I bought the product, I talked to the seller through messenger. I clearly told him that if I receive free delivery, I will buy from him. A lot of sellers were selling the same item but I decided to buy from this seller because I was offered free delivery. The seller managed to outsmart his competitors by offering free delivery. Before I buy products, I always negotiate the price, I buy from a seller who gives me even a 50 cent discounts. Therefore, if you want to survive the competition, you will have to look into two things, one, you need to price your product less than your competitors, if you cannot price less, you will have to try additional services like free delivery, even cash on delivery (because a lot of buyers do not trust online seller, therefore, they cringe on the idea of paying in advance), etc. Also, you need to create video ads instead of plain text or only image based ad.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Whether you want to generate traffic, revenue, or sales, you need social media marketing. However, social media is a crowded place and social media marketing is very competitive. It is really hard to generate traffic, revenue, and sales through social media activities even when you run an ad campaign. Here are a few tips to survive the competition on social media

Identify your competitor on social media platforms

Check their pages and account

Analyze their activities (number of followers, likes, posts, frequency of posting, engagements on their posts, etc.)

Find out what kind of hashtags they are using,

Check the overall performance of your competitors

Analyze your competitors’ social media strategy

Based on the data gathered from your competitor, build your social media strategy.

Check your audience, by country, audience, age, interest, etc.

Find out what time of the day most of your audience is active on social media

Check what kind of content they like most.

Find out how they interact with the content (like vs. Comment vs. share)
Hi. Your thread is very interesting and informative at the same time. I fully agree with you that it is not easy to survive the competition on social media these days. Thank you for taking the time to share with us some tips to survive the competition on social media. They are very helpful indeed.