How To Trade The Higher Timeframe In Forex

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Higher timeframe is anything from 1h to monthly, the higher you are the more stable price is and the more accurate the data is, as a beginner trader I know it is very tempting to trade the lower timeframe and get some action in quickly, I do not mean there is anything wrong with it because I trade lower timeframes myself but, the point is, there is a lot of noise and patterns are fragile compared to higher timeframe.

When trading higher timeframe you have to be patient and wait for a setup depending on the timeframe, it could take a day or two before it will form, when you spot an opportunity go to the lower timeframe and place your trade , so that you will get a tight and strategic stop loss.

Make sure your account can take drawdown, in a high timeframe trade, there might be drawdowns that lasts for hours, so your account should have a buffer to cushion that, learn how to ride trades by adjusting your stop loss, as the trade goes in your direction keep adjusting your stop loss so that you can secure profits incase of a long reversal.

Leave a feedback if you enjoy this article.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Have patience in you for trading for a long time. You can also take geopolitical condition under your consideration as part of fundamental analysis because it helps. If you are not better at this, try to watch videos on Youtube primarily to fix the lacking. Eurotrader uses smart bridge technology to ensure traders’ smooth trading.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Several news hit the market every single day so traders should trade carefully so they don’t fall victim to losses. Eurotrader broker offers traders a 111% deposit bonus with narrow trading spread. The broker is highly secure for traders.

marym

It is true that higher timeframes can offer more stable price action and accurate data for traders. While it may be tempting for beginner traders to focus on lower timeframes for more frequent trading opportunities, higher timeframes can provide a more reliable and long-term approach to trading.
When trading on higher timeframes, it is important to be patient and wait for setups to form, which can take several hours or even days. Once a setup is identified, traders can move to lower timeframes to enter trades with strategic stop losses.
It's important to have sufficient account funds to withstand drawdowns, which can last for hours in higher timeframe trades. Traders should also learn to adjust their stop losses as the trade progresses in their favor to secure profits in case of a reversal.
Overall, adopting a higher timeframe approach requires discipline and patience, but can offer more stable and reliable trading opportunities. Traders should always keep learning and adapting their strategies to the market conditions, and leave feedback to help others in the community.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Trading on higher timeframes has a lot advantages for both beginners and experienced traders alike. It gives you a broader view of the market and reduces the impact of noise and random price movements.

If you're a beginner, starting with higher timeframes will develop your patience and discipline because it takes a while for a candle to form on 4 hour chart, all of these are qualities for successful trading. by focusing on the bigger picture and not getting caught up in every small price fluctuation, you can make more winning trades.

If you are more of a scalper this may not appeal to you but if you a swinger trader then it will definitely make sense to you, personally when I started my mentor nudge us towards higher time frame but over time, I now trade on both lower and higher timeframes just depends on my mood and what the market sentiment.