How to turn your hobby into career

Holicent

VIP Contributor
If you have a hobby that you enjoy and want to turn into a career, here are some tips:

1. Make sure it's something you enjoy doing. It's easy to get caught up in the excitement of turning your hobby into a career and forget that you need to like what you're doing. If you don't like what you're doing, it won't be enjoyable, and that means no money or happiness for you.

2. Find other people who are also interested in what your hobby is and start meeting up with them regularly to talk about it, whether it's at work or at home.

3. Develop a website or blog where people can go if they want more information about what you do with your hobby (or just want to see photos of cool stuff).

4. Set up social media profiles for yourself (Facebook and Twitter), as well as professional ones (LinkedIn). This will help promote your business and increase awareness among potential customers who might not otherwise know about it.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
If you're the kind of person who has a hobby, but doesn't have an idea for turning it into a career, then it's time to start thinking about how you can turn your hobby into a career. There are several ways to do this and they all depend on what kind of person you are. Here are some ideas:

1. Start a business that is related to your hobbies. For example, if you love to travel, then starting a travel company might be a good idea. This way, you'll get the opportunity to learn more about the industry and expand your knowledge base while making money at the same time.

2. Start an online business that allows you to work from home or anywhere in the world where there is Internet access (which could be anywhere). You would need some sort of software and website design skills as well as marketing skills so that people who visit your website will know that this is an authentic source for information about travel destinations and packages available for them to purchase online from their computer or mobile device.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Nothing get one more active and consistent like ones passion which is otherwise known as hobby. It is one way I believe money can be made at ease because it will not seems like one is working since it is one thing one enjoy doing.

like if one likes to sing , then it will be great to wax a music for people to view. You can make money from uploading the content on YouTube. if you have viewers or fans that are huge then you know that good money will be made.

Another thing is that you can do same with offline tasks. like if you are a good cook instead of just cooking to eat at home alone you can start cooking to sell. You can make home deliveries as well. Busy people are always looking for ways to eat home made at an affordable Price. You can take advantage of this with your skill

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yes you are correct. I personally have this impression that whatsoever you choose as a career should be your passion and also "hobby"
I always say and repeat that your passion for what you do becomes your source of motivation to do that thing.

Your hobby is something you love doing as well as derive pleasure from engaging in it. Thus when your career is your hobby you'll not just earn money and get income from it but also derive pleasure as you do it.

King bell

VIP Contributor
In addition to what you have pointed out, I believe one can turn their hobby into a career as well. For instance, many people grow their gardens and sell the produce at local farmers markets. There are quite a few examples of earning money from hobbies but it does require discipline and patience for success.

One way i have used is to make a hobby into a career. I am a very keen cook and started a blog on cooking. This blog has helped me to earn money, but i sometimes take time off from my regular job and indulge in this passion of cooking and blogging. This had helped me to cook at my own pace and the blog is going strong even after 2 years.
. I have always wanted to be an entrepreneur and this gives me an opportunity to do so, as well as make money from my hobby of cooking.