How to work better with an envious colleague

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Being envious is one of the emotions exhibited by humans. This can also happen in the work place. The truth is that it can happen to anyone and it isn't about what you have done or not. You can be envied just for doing your work well. If you meet work mates that are envious of you, you can do the following:

Praise them when they do their tasks well

Avoid bragging about how good you are when they are around

Tru to empathize and show kindness towards them, remember that it might just be about them not you. Some if them are just insecure

If the above doesn't still cut it, then it might just be time to stop interacting with them

Have you ever experienced this?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had experienced many times the bad treatment of an envious colleague. More often I would ignore but sometimes I change my tactics by being nice to him. There was even one envious colleague who became my friend because I was really kind to him despite his insulting words on me behind my back. Later on he apologized.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I had experienced many times the bad treatment of an envious colleague. More often I would ignore but sometimes I change my tactics by being nice to him. There was even one envious colleague who became my friend because I was really kind to him despite his insulting words on me behind my back. Later on he apologized.
You really understand the game and your approach was really a mature one. The truth is that humans would always be envious of others. So to me I believe it isn't the person that is being envied fault. So the best bet is either to ignore or become very nice to them to kill their negative vibes