How to Write a Good Resignation Letter

Holicent

VIP Contributor
Do you have an important resignation letter to write and aren't sure how to start it? Don't think about it for too long and get nervous about it, just follow these simple steps:
First, make sure you're actually ready to resign. Sometimes we're not.
If you're ready to resign, use your resignation letter as a way to express gratitude for the opportunity that you had at the company. You never know when you might cross paths again in the future, so keep in mind that people remember the way you conduct yourself. This is a great opportunity to leave on a positive note and help build your resume.

Make sure you include all of your contact information in case there are any outstanding issues with your employment or any outstanding debts that your company may be owed by you. Do make sure that they're not owed money before you resign.

You might want to include some information about your next steps or a reference letter – depending on the relationship between yourself and the company. If there's no reason why they should expect such things from you, don't worry about including them in your resignation letter.

Do thank everyone for the time that you had working at the company. Close out your resignation letter with "Faithfully" and your name.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When you're leaving your current job and moving to another company, it's important to do so professionally.

The first step in doing so is writing a resignation letter. But what should a resignation letter include?

How do you write a good one?

Here are 10 simple tips to help you with this process:

1. Make sure to thank the company for the opportunity and experience it gave you.

2. Include your last day of work in your letter.

3. If you're planning on leaving after a certain period of time (for example, two weeks or one month), give the exact date in the letter. This makes it easier for everyone involved to plan accordingly and work out transitional details without any issues arising later on down the line due to miscommunication or other misunderstandings between parties.

4. Express willingness to help with training or transitional tasks before your departure date--this shows that while you may be leaving, you still care about doing good work until the very end of your time there! This also helps minimize any potential bumps in the road during this transition period as much as possible, which will make things easier on all sides when you do finally leave for greener pastures elsewhere."

Etini

Valued Contributor
A resignation letter is not supposed to be nice in any way. Unless you resigned in good terms. But in some places, after you have gone through bitter experiences, why should you write a nice resignation letter to them. I even advocate that you should ghost the organization when you are ready to leave. Don't even inform anyone. Let them stay there and be waiting for your return.

Truly, some workplaces are very terrible that there is no way you would resign without bad blood. Why would a person even waste his/her time writing a resignation letter. Wait till you take your salary and leave.

I understand that before you resign, you are meant to give the organization at least one month notice. But employers nowadays don't deserve that dignity. I only wrote a resignation letter in one place out of the places I have worked. The rest, I just leave.