Business Ideas How to write a grant proposal

IamDozzy

Grant proposals are needed in order to secure funds for a startup, business, research project etc. In order to successfully secure a grant one must know how to prepare a proposal for such grants. Here are some easy to do steps in preparing grant proposal.

1. Summary of Proposal
This is the first part of a grant proposal and it contains 2 to 3 paragraphs summarizing the objectives of the project or startup to be engaged in.

2. Introduction
This is where you state the history of your business or startup and it may include key staffs, partners, business goals and objectives, registration with regulatory bodies, certifications. This is where you show that your business or startup has the capacity to meet all given targets/deliverables.

3. Problem Statement
This is the section you would explain how the project would be carried and and who is to benefit from the project/ startup.

4. Startup budget
Here, you state how much funds is needed in the startup or business. You should provide in detail the full expenses that would be done. It's advisable you state this in a tabular form for easy comprehension.

Briangsam

Writing a good grant proposal is a great step to securing the grant. I have been there before. I wrote a top grant proposal for a World Bank financed project and I got the grant. So it is very important to write a very good grant proposal when vying for a grant. That is a way you tell the people in charge that you know what you are doing and that will help you fight off competition.

Samuel72

Verified member
For you to write a proposal you must state the purpose for the proposal and also state things that who convinced the receiver of the proposal, and also you need to state your point, but you must introduce yourself. You should explain how your plans will be carried out and things you need for your project to be successful

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had submitted a grant proposal twice to the National Commission for Culture and the Arts. The first proposal was for a short film asking $5,000. It was approved but I did not pursue because I could not get the right workers. My second proposal was for a full length movie asking $10,000. It was granted and I was able to make it. What's important is the story line and the plot. If they like it then you get the grant.