Ignorance is what makes people see investing as being risky?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Investment in any sector is being considered risky by so many people and they usually end up not starting any since they do not want to take the risk.
I believe that the major reason why people say this often is because they have failed to do proper research about the particular venture they are talking about.
The most common investments that people consider being risky are forex trading and crypto currency trading. Despite all the talks about these fields being risky, there are still people making good money from them always.

I believe it is okay to say that ignorance is the major reason for this common belief among people and it would be better for each and everyone of us to invest quality time learning about any business venture before arriving at a conclusion that it is risky.
Rich people take these risks and they keep getting rich.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You are very right, in one my comments, I pointed it out that the only two reasons why people always see investment ad being risky are they are ignorance and refuse to seek more on how a particular investment works out. When you are knowledgeable about a particular investment, even if you will lose, it will minimal. The other reason is investing more than what you can afford to lose.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Ignorance is a disease, if you aren't expose and meet people online or offline to learn new ideas, it will be hard to bypass ignorance. Humans are born with such trait as a negative implication coming through sin. Sin brought imperfection, ignorance and all sort of negativity. That's why learning is progressive, through learning we learn many ways to make productive things online and offline.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Ignorance is a disease, if you aren't expose and meet people online or offline to learn new ideas, it will be hard to bypass ignorance. Humans are born with such trait as a negative implication coming through sin. Sin brought imperfection, ignorance and all sort of negativity. That's why learning is progressive, through learning we learn many ways to make productive things online and offline.
Right, when people fail to make deliberate efforts towards getting rich, they begin to try out things that no longer work and then end up saying it is risky. Their playing it safe does not even guarantee success as things do not always go in line with the way the expected of those supposedly safe investment strategy.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Right, when people fail to make deliberate efforts towards getting rich, they begin to try out things that no longer work and then end up saying it is risky. Their playing it safe does not even guarantee success as things do not always go in line with the way the expected of those supposedly safe investment strategy.
Laughs, we all know it doesn't work out that way. We can't expect luck in some areas of investment. Their are investment that isn't about luck, it requires wisdom, reasoning and right thinking to achieve something right. Those who don't seek mentorship, and get basic knowledge around investment like forex, crypto, binary, stocks etc, are simply hitting around the bush for nothing.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I always believe that investment in itself is risky but then you must have to take a risk before you would have a chance of making money. There might be that fear that you are going to lose your money but then you can only or should only invest in a money that you can afford to lose. So that even if you lose you will know that you have gained some valuable knowledge.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Anyone with such mindset of not investing money, risk not making enough of income any time soon. Unless he or she change the mentality towards reasoning positively and not allowing such negative thoughts to corrupt his or her mind. If those top entrepreneurs we are hearing about today never took the mantle off their head and invested, they couldn't have made their name heard today.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Ignorance means lack of knowledge. It is common and ordinary and as proof, I am one them because I consider myself ignorant in crypto trading. That is the reason why I am afraid to invest because I do not know how to discern the trend tomorrow or next week. My money is not safe in trading due to my lack of knowledge which is called ignorance.

Mika

VIP Contributor
People are afraid to invest does not mean they are ignorant. Some people are born as risk-takers. They take risks in the hope to make higher profits. However, some people are afraid to take risks, they fear losing whatever they have. However, I believe taking calculated risks is ok. That's what I do.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Business is risky for sure. But education only limits the level of risk one may encounter during the course of doing the business. Many people at times do see people without education successful in a business. But I am telling you they are prone to more risks compare to the ones that are educated.

chicnthin

I used to be one of those people who didn't like the idea of investing because it's too risky. I was pessimistic. I ignored crypto for a while. But then I started to open my mind and do some reading. Being a student who studies finance definitely widened my perspective on these kind of things.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I wouldn't say it's ignorance. The fear of most people in cooking gas business is the risk of fire outbreaks. Normally, the gas stations should be located far away from the residential areas, but what we see now is different. We get to see people establish a mini gas plant in front of their homes. This is outrightly dangerous and very risky.