India creates anti-Covid19 drug 2-DG

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
India's Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO), along with Hyderabad-based Dr. Reddy Laboratory, has developed the new corona drug 2-DG (2-deoxy-D-glucose). This drug is being called a game-changer in dealing with Coronavirus .

What is this medicine?
Manufactured at the Laboratory of DRDO's Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), the drug is structurally glucose-like, but distinct from it. This drug accumulates only in infected cells.
This drug was being formulated to treat cancer, but coronavirus patients have received positive results. 2-DG drug has received emergency approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DGCI).

Drug vs Corona
How does coronavirus work?

The coronavirus requires glucose to survive, under its effect, the human body begins to lack glucose which becomes life-threatening.
How does 2-DG work?
It comes in the form of powder which is given by mixing it with water. This drug, which only accumulates in the infected cells, does not harm the human body, but the viruses start using it in the deception of glucose, which stops the energy source of the virus, destroys the new virus-forming viral synthesis and this situation kill all the virus.

1621328487223.png

IamDozzy

I just hope this is not a rushed drug as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic currently hitting India. Drugs like this shouldn't be rushed and sufficient testing and trials should be carried out before approving its use but the public. The Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine is currently under intense scrutiny in most European countries as a result of it's associated blood clot. The India health ministry should learn from this.

arunima25

Verified member
The drug seems to be very promising in its first phase of trial. And the hope is high that it might be a breakthrough in our fight against Covid. It has used the simple trick of cheating the cheater. And it's going to be a harmless one with no or minimum side effects. Let's keep our hope and wait and watch. It seems that it's already in high demand.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think there are several drugs that are claimed to cure the covid patient. But there is one drug from China called Liah Hua that is popular among the Chinese here. A colleague of my wife who got covid was given that Chinese drug and he was cured within 3 days. Maybe there are existing drugs that can fight covid. We just have to make a study.

arunima25

Verified member
I just hope this is not a rushed drug as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic currently hitting India. Drugs like this shouldn't be rushed and sufficient testing and trials should be carried out before approving its use but the public. The Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine is currently under intense scrutiny in most European countries as a result of it's associated blood clot. The India health ministry should learn from this.
It is not a rushed drug. A lot of research was going on since the beginning of the pandemic and the drug actually went through a lot of trial phases before getting a green signal and getting it available to the patients. It is showing a good promising result in the first phase of its usage on covid patients with severe symptoms. The best part is that since it is fake glucose to cheat the virus, it does not have long-term side effects. Patients who undergo steroid treatments for their severe symptoms develop a lot of severe side effects later.
Let's hope this one comes as a breakthrough. It would be a great hope. More and more better drugs will come out as we come to understand the virus more and more.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's wise back then for Indian government to act quickly and partner with the health practitioner and created the anti covid19 preventive drug '2-DG. Which i believe, it helped curb the risk of the people of Indian who contracted the disease. I believe the wave of covid isn't much again like it were, when the disease emanated.

arunima25

Verified member
That's wise back then for Indian government to act quickly and partner with the health practitioner and created the anti covid19 preventive drug '2-DG. Which i believe, it helped curb the risk of the people of Indian who contracted the disease. I believe the wave of covid isn't much again like it were, when the disease emanated.
The drug is in use and showing a very promising result in its initial trial. Many patients have benefited from it. The drug is in huge demand and the production of the same has been increased to meet the demands. It's an effective treatment and also a cost effective one.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The drug is in use and showing a very promising result in its initial trial. Many patients have benefited from it. The drug is in huge demand and the production of the same has been increased to meet the demands. It's an effective treatment and also a cost effective one.
That's fantastic to hear that the drug is very effective, doing its work amazingly. No wonder i haven't heard much that covid19 is affecting the people of India badly like it does to the people of other Asian countries and partly North and Latin America. Here in my country we didn't experience it much.

arunima25

Verified member
That's fantastic to hear that the drug is very effective, doing its work amazingly. No wonder i haven't heard much that covid19 is affecting the people of India badly like it does to the people of other Asian countries and partly North and Latin America. Here in my country we didn't experience it much.
We had a good control in the first wave. But this second wave really hit us bad. The numbers were huge because we are a huge population and the country went through a bad crisis with immense pressure in our health infrastructure. Now the numbers are coming down steeply and experts feel that the peak of second wave is over. But it did leave us with lots of devastation and loss of life. Some fear that third wave might hit us in later half of the year. The vaccination program is going on full swing and hopefully that will help us fight the third wave ( if any) better.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We had a good control in the first wave. But this second wave really hit us bad. The numbers were huge because we are a huge population and the country went through a bad crisis with immense pressure in our health infrastructure. Now the numbers are coming down steeply and experts feel that the peak of second wave is over. But it did leave us with lots of devastation and loss of life. Some fear that third wave might hit us in later half of the year. The vaccination program is going on full swing and hopefully that will help us fight the third wave ( if any) better.
That's a sad one that lives where lost during the first and second wave. I felt so bad seeing lives taken away by this Novel disease called covid19. It has really happened the process of humans, made life unbearable for everyone. I felt happy hearing that the vaccine is out, it will help curb the spread and flush covid19 for life.

arunima25

Verified member
That's a sad one that lives where lost during the first and second wave. I felt so bad seeing lives taken away by this Novel disease called covid19. It has really happened the process of humans, made life unbearable for everyone. I felt happy hearing that the vaccine is out, it will help curb the spread and flush covid19 for life.
Yes, the vaccine has come as a fresh hope and it's incredible that it has come in such short time. But then vaccines don't guarantee the stop of spread, they only boost your immunity and help you fight the virus better if you contract it. It reduces the mortality. Our fight with the virus is not over till we find a way to control it's spread.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Though none has been produced in my country but my country has imported the American and the Russian version of the vaccine. Kudos to Indian medical service of India and I learnt the virus wrecked many havoc in some countries. Though it may be true and deadlier but 95% of my country didn't believe and dont believe the potency of this virus hence, there was low turn out of the vaccine.

Fatima143

India's Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO), along with Hyderabad-based Dr. Reddy Laboratory, has developed the new corona drug 2-DG (2-deoxy-D-glucose). This drug is being called a game-changer in dealing with Coronavirus .

What is this medicine?
Manufactured at the Laboratory of DRDO's Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), the drug is structurally glucose-like, but distinct from it. This drug accumulates only in infected cells.
This drug was being formulated to treat cancer, but coronavirus patients have received positive results. 2-DG drug has received emergency approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DGCI).

Drug vs Corona
How does coronavirus work?

The coronavirus requires glucose to survive, under its effect, the human body begins to lack glucose which becomes life-threatening.
How does 2-DG work?
It comes in the form of powder which is given by mixing it with water. This drug, which only accumulates in the infected cells, does not harm the human body, but the viruses start using it in the deception of glucose, which stops the energy source of the virus, destroys the new virus-forming viral synthesis and this situation kill all the virus.

View attachment 45651
Well I can just add few lines that i hope this is not a rushed drug as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic currently hitting India. Drugs like this shouldn't be rushed and sufficient testing and trials should be carried out before approving its use but the public. The Oxford Astrazeneca vaccine is currently under intense scrutiny in most European countries as a result of it's associated blood clot. The India health ministry should learn from this.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Though none has been produced in my country but my country has imported the American and the Russian version of the vaccine. Kudos to Indian medical service of India and I learnt the virus wrecked many havoc in some countries. Though it may be true and deadlier but 95% of my country didn't believe and dont believe the potency of this virus hence, there was low turn out of the vaccine.
To me personally I do not see anything wrong with it as long as it doesn't affect human being negatively, because I heared a lot of news that is circulating around about the Corona virus drugs becoming dangerous to the body after being injected, I just believe it is better and it will have a good benefit to humanity, that's all.