Finance Indications that a business needs expansion

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic certainly applies to small businesses because it is easier to notice the indications that the business is growing and that it needed expansion. When the revenue is rising rapidly, that is fine but that is just one element for an issue of expansion. The high revenue coupled with too much pressure in the operation would probably need an evaluation if the business can expand.

In my retailing business that I started with 1 sales person we hired another when the sole employee had to work over time often in the delivery and the purchase. The sales was high with a good profit so I did not hesitate to increase the manpower. After 6 months the same scenario was repeated so again I hired and hired until I had 4 employees handling the purchases, delivery and sales. Fortunately our office could accommodate all of them so there was no need to expand in that department.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Indication that a business needs an expansion is always a glaring one. When the customers are more than what a single business owner can handle, when the goods one is selling sells faster than expected. Then there is a dire time for the business to be expanded in order to meet up with the new demand from its teeming customers.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
A business owner knows when his or her business have gotten to that stage where expansion is needed. Then he or she takes actions prior to that, and expand the business more to accommodate bigger profit as the sales improves day by day. If it requires you to rent a bigger shop to expand your products, then you should consider that. But if it requires you to set up another shop you should consider too.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
A business owner knows when his or her business have gotten to that stage where expansion is needed. Then he or she takes actions prior to that, and expand the business more to accommodate bigger profit as the sales improves day by day. If it requires you to rent a bigger shop to expand your products, then you should consider that. But if it requires you to set up another shop you should consider too.

I definitely agree with you. A business owner is well-aware about the situation or the conditions of his business and he must think if his business needs to be expand or not. This also depends a lot on the sales and income of the business owner. Many business owner extend their branches and open new outlets when they see that public is gaining interest in his or her products. Growth is important for every business.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I definitely agree with you. A business owner is well-aware about the situation or the conditions of his business and he must think if his business needs to be expand or not. This also depends a lot on the sales and income of the business owner. Many business owner extend their branches and open new outlets when they see that public is gaining interest in his or her products. Growth is important for every business.
Yes, growth is important in any business initiative. When your business is growing what you do is expand it so you'll have other branches and sales and profit will be on the constant flow just as you said. Any business which isn't producing sales isn't making a progress, so business growth comes through sales.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I started my online business about one years ago. It took a while for my business to grow. But when it started growing, I could not handle my business myself. I needed someone to look after my business. I was thinking to hire staff but then I sold my business for higher profits. These days I work alone.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Business expansion is an indication of business growth and as such when the need arises it is good to embrace it. No need slacking about it because it will help in bringing great changes. If the company needs more hands then go ahead with it. Employ more efficient hands for progress

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Any positive improvement in any business is a growth, which needs to be accepted and embrace by its owner. When a sign of growth shows in a business, I think the business is asking for an expansion which is inevitable. An expansion brings and attract more patronizers to your business, which is what any business owner is vying for.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Any wise business owner should be able to know when the business needs expansion. whenever the profit start rolling in the business owners should know that he needs more workers and therefore may be more branches in order to really take the business to a level that is bigger. Sometimes when the business gets bigger, the workers maybe overworked.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Sure, any wise business owner will ways have the vision that at some point in time his or her business will need revamping in order to attract more profits. So the plan will be promoting the business, and doing what's needed to grow the business towards its success mark and expand it more to have branches and produce more financial benefits.