Insurance for the need of caregiver

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One insurance agent that called me last week said that they have a new product for the seniors. It is a type of insurance that is not the same as the regular health insurance. This new insurance covers the need for a caregiver that means it is concentrated for the seniors who may suffer from a debilitating disease. I have seen my wife’s mother when she suffered a stroke in 2011 that she needed a caregiver all her life because she is paralyzed and couldn’t even feed herself.

It made me think not just twice but many times if it is right to avail of such an insurance. Will I be needing a caregiver someday? What if I die tomorrow? So many questions filled my mind and it pains me to think that an old person cannot do anything about the health or even the anticipated death. Anyway, what do you think about an insurance for a caregiver that you may need, would you buy it?

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, long-term insurance covers only people under the age of 60 years. Long-term insurance means the policy of 10, 15, or even 20 years. For senior citizens, the insurance policy is less than 5 years. The insurance policy for senior citizens have limited features. That's why it is important to get insured before you become old.