Insurance rates

Dokemack

I am 30 years old in good health and currently paying $409 per month for $17,000 in my own occ disability insurance through MetLife (with 3% compounded COLA) and $158 per month for $2.1M in 30 year fixed payment term life through mutual of Omaha. My wife thinks that we pay way too much for insurance but I wanted to bounce it off the forum to see what others are doing.
Let's set aside the question of how much to buy, which is a more complex question based on family situation, income, and debt.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Well I don’t think you will get the kind of answers you want on this forum, it is advisable to make researches on your own and probably reach out to experts that knows very much about it, they could really be of help. If you can consult an agent, it will give you good answers

Nite

Valued Contributor
How much Insurance should you buy really depends on your goals and needs. Most of the people think that they have enough money saved for taking care of their families, but problems arises when some unforeseen event threatens to erode their savings, this is where an insurance comes to the rescue. It is imperative to ensure that you get adequate insurance, so that neither you and nor your family have to suffer financially later on.