Passive income Investing in blue chip stocks can give you a substantial passive income

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife has stocks worth about $30,000 in the present market price. It earns her annual dividends that are given to shareholders of the biggest bank here which is considered a blue chip stock. It may sound absurd but I think if I can buy stocks worth $100,000 then that could give me a substantial passive income that can definitely augment my meager pension and can even handle the household expenses.

A friend is planning to invest all his retirement pay (around $600,000) in stocks but only in blue chip stocks to give him peace of mind. He will be after the dividend only which is not really big but can be substantial depending on your needs. When he needs the money then he can sell the stocks to get back his invested money.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have invested in share market. Normally, I buy primary shares, however, sometimes I also buy from the secondary market. I have been investing on shares ever since I was in college. I used to do lot of part time jobs and save earnings so that In can invest in share. Can you please hare what exactly are blue chip stock?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Share market investment is a good passive income source. You can buy shares from a company that is profitable, and you can continue to earn dividends as long as you don't sell. If you sell, you can get more money from your shares than you have actually invested. You can also try mutual funds.

Setho

VIP Contributor
A lot of investment experts are going to advise you that when you are just starting your investment journey you should go for blue chip stocks because they have low chances of failure even though you're not going to make so much profit from them. with that then you can gain knowledge and move to higher ones.