Investment in school business.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Let me tell you something, school business is very lucrative. The issue with school business is that it is expensive to start and of course you need a lot of experience to make the business boom. First of all you need money to build classrooms and buy a lot of Books and employ a lot of people. If you have the money to do all these things then you are on your way two massive profit.

anil02

Verified member
Education is a big business. There are a lot of people in my home country who became billionaires by investing in school business. However, in order to benefit from school business, you need to be patient because it might take years even to reach the breakeven point, let alone making profits.
It is right that in India education business is profitable business. Here performance of government schools are not good one so most of people like to send their children to private schools. I too read in a private school, at that time it was a small school not electricity and proper building but at p
present owner of this school is running a collage.

uforwealth

Verified member
School business may not be booming as a result of excess of online money making opportunities. But that's does not mean the business is not lucrative and effective.

However, to make a school business more oroftibel and lucrative, an intending school owner must always take the following factors into consideration:

Location really matter while siting your school. You need to find a conspicuous and captivating areas where there are many ages of school children. It won't be very nice to site your school where there are no more school age children.

You need quality teachers. The success of school depends on the teachers. Teachers are the one that will market your school through their impartation of knowlege. You should not employ a half baked teacher just because you want to maximize profit.

Choose your school based on the target in the location. A location that has more of adult than small children should attract secondary or college and a location with teenagers will be suited with either elementary school. You don't site creche where there are more of teenagers.

To round off, an intending school owner should focus on imparting knowlege first before thinking of other aspects which include making money.

A conducive environment is the first factor that can captivate people to look at and show interest in what you want them to pay for.

In addition, the income of your potential customers should also be put into consideration. If you realize that your consumers can't afford to pay the school fees, just move away from that environment.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Education is a big business. There are a lot of people in my home country who became billionaires by investing in school business. However, in order to benefit from school business, you need to be patient because it might take years even to reach the breakeven point, let alone making profits.

IamDozzy

I have an uncle who bought a big land in the suburbs where he built a high school. The building is moderate and the enrollment did not fail him. His son is a teacher which my uncle assigned as the principal. After 10 years the school earns good but my cousin said it is more lucrative if they had used the building for another business. School is not a good business.
You are correct, school isn't such a great business especially if it is in an area where the students owe a lot of fees needed for the continuous running of the school. My former landlady owned a school and she always complained of not getting much profit from the school even though she passion for teaching children. She died a very sad woman because she owed a lot of debt before her demise.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have an uncle who bought a big land in the suburbs where he built a high school. The building is moderate and the enrollment did not fail him. His son is a teacher which my uncle assigned as the principal. After 10 years the school earns good but my cousin said it is more lucrative if they had used the building for another business. School is not a good business.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

Investing in school business is a good idea this is because this day is school business are very lucrative in the sense that everyone now knows the important of education and they want their children to be able catered and if everyone must go to school and be educated that means school business is a New era of making money. However Starting up a standard School May require a lot of capital and a necessary working place but you having the idea and being an educationalist it might be easy for you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Let me tell you something, school business is very lucrative. The issue with school business is that it is expensive to start and of course you need a lot of experience to make the business boom. First of all you need money to build classrooms and buy a lot of Books and employ a lot of people. If you have the money to do all these things then you are on your way two massive profit.
It depends on the type of school. For creche, you can easily hire some places to be used as classroom. So it is not as expensive to start as you think. I have seen someone that start with less than 200 dollar and now he is in money. The only problem is to have dedicated teachers because we all know teachers are downpay in most African countries.

Maks25

I want to start my own school somewhere in a developing area of Lagos. The area is yet to have inhabitants but there are private residences, estates and factories being constructed all around, and springing up really fast.
I don't have much experience in the sector but a sister of mine is vastly experienced and even have books published for beginners.
Still looking for funds but hopefully the structure can begin next year.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
School business may not be booming as a result of excess of online money making opportunities. But that's does not mean the business is not lucrative and effective.

However, to make a school business more oroftibel and lucrative, an intending school owner must always take the following factors into consideration:

Location really matter while siting your school. You need to find a conspicuous and captivating areas where there are many ages of school children. It won't be very nice to site your school where there are no more school age children.

You need quality teachers. The success of school depends on the teachers. Teachers are the one that will market your school through their impartation of knowlege. You should not employ a half baked teacher just because you want to maximize profit.

Choose your school based on the target in the location. A location that has more of adult than small children should attract secondary or college and a location with teenagers will be suited with either elementary school. You don't site creche where there are more of teenagers.

To round off, an intending school owner should focus on imparting knowlege first before thinking of other aspects which include making money.

Balinga2020

I strongly believe that school business is a function of its environment. It will thrive well in areas where there are good social amenities and a good standard of living

Briangsam

Opening a good, new school is a huge challenge. It is complicated under the best of circumstances. It involves business plans, construction, financing, logistics, innovative business ideas and marketing – many tasks outside the experience of even veteran educators. But still, it is very lucrative once you get started. Opening an educational learning center, you must write a detailed business plan. Get startup funding, find a location, hire teachers or tutors, buy the equipment, promote your business, utilize digital marketing techniques.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor

Investing in school business is very lucrative despite of the challenging most of this upcoming school facing now a days. One of the problem they are facing is registration and if you refuse to do that on time they will be disturbing the proprietor or proprietress all the time.
To make it in school business you need to package yourself very well so that people will see that your school is the best talk of Teacher,environment and the structure (building) all these will be what people do considered before they will enroll their children there.

anil02

Verified member
I don't know for other countries but in India school business is very potential. I know many person who start schools at small level but now they are millioners. But school business want patient. In India in many states government is also giving grant to private school.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's true. And just like what you said in one of your comments about online teaching. The pandemic has really changed the faces of many businesses. Now they are done businesses online nowadays. But you know as Nigerians, venturing into online school businesses may be utopian. Because of erratic electricity and even poor network problem and the likes.
You're correct. Poor electricity, and poor network connectivity might cause our online school investment on the downturn. But teaching online won't be affected all that when we have poor electricity. Because you won't be mandated to teach based on their own schedule, you'll teach base on your own schedule.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think a student should prioritise online business this days than offline business especially in this era of covid19. Be it covid19 or not, i think online business will enable the students have time to face his or her academic demands than the busy offline business schedule that is demanding based in the influx of customers.
That's true. And just like what you said in one of your comments about online teaching. The pandemic has really changed the faces of many businesses. Now they are done businesses online nowadays. But you know as Nigerians, venturing into online school businesses may be utopian. Because of erratic electricity and even poor network problem and the likes.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I think a student should prioritise online business this days than offline business especially in this era of covid19. Be it covid19 or not, i think online business will enable the students have time to face his or her academic demands than the busy offline business schedule that is demanding based in the influx of customers.