Involving your family members in your business is sometimes considered to be a bad idea.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
We have been taughted and made known by either our educational tutors or Christian tutors that we must seek advice from either our family members and relatives in everything that we do ranging from business advice and personal advice . but to some extent involving our family members and relatives in our business decisions and actions is actually not commendable . Majority of dreams , business ideas , and business intentions made by majority of youth and individuals that are worthy of implementation and establishment has been ditched and killed as a result of negative influence , advice , decisions , and ideas , made by family members and family relatives to this individuals who were initially motivated to establish the business idea of their choice , and so this motivated individuals started having a second thought and also second checking their ideas and business decisions which led to their ditching and neglection of their business ideas .

When we believe in something , it is advised not to let any external or internal influence from people that we know and do not know , to sidetrack or make us to second check our beliefs on the things that we know and have full hope and trust that will definitely turned out to be rewarding and benefiting .

E

eldavis

Well the truth of the matter is that it depends on your family. I have seen cases where involving the whole family or part of the family into the business was one of the best ideas ever, and the business is doing great. I have also come across some real life situations where the family are the ones actually causing setback to the business.so it all depends on your family and most importantly how you relate with them.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't see any reason that is detrimental employing a trusted family member to help our business grow, by offering him or her a job position. Provided my relation is ready to help out and grow my business today I don't have issues with that. It will only become an issue if the family member turns out to be a hit in the ass for me. I love transparency and hard work, I've seen a family that joined hands together to push a business up and making steady income from it. Some families too, aren't business orientated when the head deceased, the other members not the family crumbled the business due to bad business management. In other to pick out the family member to work with us, we need to interview him or her to know he he or she can live up to expectations. Business progress matters and not just protecting the interest not our family and watching our business crumble. I always maintain that slogan that says, no family in business, when you're doing business you need bro keep relationship aside and work for the business long term progress, if the family member or members can add to our progress their is no need given him or her employment chance.

Kendy

Verified member
As a potential business owner, if your goal is to succeed in the business; it is pertinent, recommended and advisable that you keep your business far away from your family members. There is a difference between your own business and a joint partnership, that one is called family business but when you compromise your business to please family members it will definitely backfire on the sustainability of the business and on your psychological health as well. In rare cases, you would notice that a business that was being cohabited with family members has stood the test of time but in most cases, the result is always negative.

I am not saying that you cannot support your family with whatever you realise from your business but bringing them can affect your decision-making skills and it can make you to compromise, in that, you would not be able to manage your available funds. I have been in such situation when I was running a poultry business and the effect still lives with me till today because I am still in debt and when this happens they would even turn around and blame you for not being able to be strategic or devise a feasible plan that can help salvage losses.

Ridorz

It is not bad to involve your family in the business but it must be a good and trustworthy family member. You have to trust the person and the person should be a person that is ready to work with you in the conditions of the business rules and regulations. Anyway, it depends on the kind of family you belong to that will determine the decision to make.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
What I can say here is that , all this things requires understanding and if understanding is being made available you may not likely have any problem by just employing your family member into your business. In Whatever you are trying to do , you have to really understand that your family members are actually the one that can really stand with you no matter the situation of your business even if you are not able to pay them.

There is also some sort of disadvantage when employing your family members into a business organisation, but if there is understanding between you and your if your family members they won't be any problem in the business because both of you can work together and achieve everything without any problem.

And if you think that there there will be a problem if you are employing family members into your business organisation, for me I don't really think so but this will definitely depend on the type of family members you have.

In most families , we actually know some of the family members we can't employ into our business the matter What May happen because such may not likely help in the progress of our business and those are the people that are likely to cause problem.

funmi

Verified member
In my own opinion, I don't think it is a good idea to involve family members in to your business. This is so because many family members complicate things a lot. If the family of yours or relations is involved into the business, they may not take it as serious as they ought to handle the business.
It is better you employ someone from out side the family who you don't know at all instead of a family member. The outsider will be given rules and regulations to follow abs if he or she fails to adhere to the rules, he will be punished or be sacked depending on what you both agree on before employing the person.
A family member may not be as disciplined as the person from outside your family. Apart from being discipline, a family member may not handle the business officially as he ought to handle. And it may be difficult to correct a family member than an outsider.
To me, the only family member that I can allow to do business with me is my husband, my husband will always support my business in every way and will not allow the business to fail. Even if it wants to fail he will back me up and reimburse me.

funmi

Verified member
In my own opinion, I don't think it is a good idea to involve family members in to your business. This is so because many family members complicate things a lot. If the family of yours or relations is involved into the business, they may not take it as serious as they ought to handle the business.
It is better you employ someone from out side the family who you don't know at all instead of a family member. The outsider will be given rules and regulations to follow abs if he or she fails to adhere to the rules, he will be punished or be sacked depending on what you both agree on before employing the person.
A family member may not be as disciplined as the person from outside your family. Apart from being discipline, a family member may not handle the business officially as he ought to handle. And it may be difficult to correct a family member than an outsider.
To me, the only family member that I can allow to do business with me is my husband, my husband will always support my business in every way and will not allow the business to fail. Even if it wants to fail he will back me up and reimburse me.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
In many occasions the family members and abilities of a particular individual have become a stumbling block to search individual to aspire in his or her business . Involving your family members in your business absolutely have a positive benefit and also a negative benefit but in most occasions it is always a negative benefits . Many dreams and visions have been killed and made reluctant as a result of involving family members and close relatives to our business ideas . There are some families that actually not happy with we establishing a business of our own and it actually pains them to see us aspire in life , possibly we may not know this families of ours but it actually exist .

That is why I advise any business owner or any young entrepreneur who intend to establish a business of his or her own to establish his business far away from where his or her family members or relatives are so as not to pressure on to him or her any form of negative repercussions or false advice that will have a devastating effect on him and his business ideas . Some advice from your family members and you relate it could be helpful but you are the owner of the business should filter the good advice from the false ones .