Is a career in music reliable?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Among my peers that we attended high school together, a lot of them have decided to go into music as something that would help them to make it in life. This makes me to wonder if it is actually a good decision at all. My reason for thinking like this is because I see the music industry as being saturated already, especially in my country as we have a lot of upcoming artists who have been in the industry for long without getting any recognition at all.

Though these friends of mine are also going to school to get formal education, but do you think a career in music is reliable especially with the way the industry is saturated?
How is the situation in your country?
Here, it seems only few people are having hope of making it through music.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The Nigeria film industry is lucrative by my own assessment that's if you have all that it takes and make hit songs. Good that the YouTube channel is there so that one can make money from as fans view the videos. But the good thing is that you can make if you have the talent

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is a profitable form of business and sometimes it is not worthy to call music a business because it is a talent that is on individual and before you can actually make something out of it you must be talented and if you are talented it will definitely be a lucrative business because you will be able to deliver the type of music people will want.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is a profitable form of business and sometimes it is not worthy to call music a business because it is a talent that is on individual and before you can actually make something out of it you must be talented and if you are talented it will definitely be a lucrative business because you will be able to deliver the type of music people will want.
I am just trying to understand how the industry favours individuals. It seems there are no much opportunities for all the upcoming artists to become popular that is why we get to see only a few of them who are actually making money from their music career.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In music and arts you need to be popular to earn good money. I have a niece who has a master's degree in music that she took in a good university. Her job now is providing tutorial lessons via video chat (because of the pandemic). She can also apply as a music teacher in school but that is not attractive to her with the low pay. If you are fond of pets then veterinary medicine is much better course.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I am just trying to understand how the industry favours individuals. It seems there are no much opportunities for all the upcoming artists to become popular that is why we get to see only a few of them who are actually making money from their music career.
It is profitable, those people that you see coming out as the best music Superstar are talented, some people that are not succeeding in this area at the one that are looking for popularity when they do not have anything to offer, this is just the real truth about music and music industry.

arunima25

Verified member
Musical intelligence is one of the intelligence that we have in a Multiple Intelligence theory. One can be good with a taste of music, appreciating it, composing it, and performing it. Music has been there since the beginning of Human Civilization and musicians in all eras have made a living out of it. With changing times, music too has evolved and it is still in demand. If one has talent and is passionate about it, he/she can do well and have a livelihood through that.

A K Rao

It all depends upon the place where do you live. In India there is cut-throat competition in this field, though we have a lot of film making Industries in India from different states. The artists who already have attained the name, fame, and fortune are getting further chances and the new entrants hardly get any chance. I play various musical instruments and made some money out of them. But with that money one can hardly make a comfortable living.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It all depends upon the place where do you live. In India there is cut-throat competition in this field, though we have a lot of film making Industries in India from different states. The artists who already have attained the name, fame, and fortune are getting further chances and the new entrants hardly get any chance. I play various musical instruments and made some money out of them. But with that money one can hardly make a comfortable living.
I agree with you that the competition is very high and this makes it hard for upcoming artists to make any impact In the music industry which appeared to be saturated and does not seem to favor them. I have seen so many of such upcoming artists still try to engage in other things to sustain themselves since music is obviously not reliable anymore.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think if you are good at what you do, singing, then you can find career for yourself in music. If you are confident enough of what you can do,then you should take your shot. But sometimes it's not easy if you don't know people to help. The competition is much that if you don't see anyone to help you, you may find it difficult to go far.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I think if you are good at what you do, singing, then you can find career for yourself in music. If you are confident enough of what you can do,then you should take your shot. But sometimes it's not easy if you don't know people to help. The competition is much that if you don't see anyone to help you, you may find it difficult to go far.
Really, one needs strong connection with top artists who have gained some popularity already to be able to make it in music as the population who want to become a music celebrity is too much and this makes it hard for them to get known as they had expected they would be when they were starting.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Really, one needs strong connection with top artists who have gained some popularity already to be able to make it in music as the population who want to become a music celebrity is too much and this makes it hard for them to get known as they had expected they would be when they were starting.
Seriously bro...we live in a world where most things are done with connection. Nothing is natural anymore. Your talent alone can't really get you far but with right connect, you will go far. There are even singers who don't even have much talent but just for knowing someone that knows someone, then boom the go.