Is baldness as a result of an individual's genetics.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
I strongly believe that almost all of us here have seen a bald person . In terms of description a bald person is someone who has no hair in his head or who is completely hair-free in some areas of his or her body mostly the head . And yes an individuals baldness could be caused as a result of his inherited genetics from his or her parents . But still we can't deny the fact that there are some people whose parents are not bald in one way or the other but they are bald . Which makes it positive to say that genetics isn't the only calls for an individual being bald .

Doctors and health analysts , have come to the conclusion that the use of highly petroleum and sulphur hair products like : sulphur shampoo , extra dryness relaxers , hot curl oil and hair straightener can damaged hair cells making an individual go bald prematurely . At this point I believe you guys understand my point . It is now understandably why some people become bald even when there is no trace of badness in their lineage . It is important that any product we use on our hair are well prescribed by a hair doctor so as to avoid damaging my hair .

Jasz

VIP Contributor
According to a study conducted by the National Institute of Health, baldness is caused by an individual's genetics.
In the study, researchers observed the hair loss patterns of 95 pairs of brothers and found that the men who lost their hair and those who retained it had near-identical genomes, with the exception of one gene. This gene, BRCA2, has already been associated with other hereditary diseases in women, such as ovarian cancer.

The study also included 181 women with breast cancer and found that this gene was also present in female participants.
Baldness, or alopecia, is a hereditary condition that is passed down from one's parents. It can be caused by a variety of factors, including but not limited to: genetic predisposition to baldness, age-related hair loss, and changes in body chemistry. The most common form of baldness is male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia), which affects approximately 50 percent of all men over the age of 40.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have seen the ad of Minoxidil that it claims to cure baldness. I think Minoxidil is a kind of oil that you will apply on the scalp. The effect is to awaken the roots of the hair. That is questionable so I asked a doctor about it. The doctor admitted that there are some medications for baldness that can work. However, it is not effective for all bald people. That means baldness still depends on some factors like genetic.