Is betting really wrong

Destiny Nayaba

Some of us see betting as a crime. But think about it, do you really think that's it's wrong. It's almost the same as buying and selling. Alot of people have made cool money from betting. All it's takes is the courage.
In betting, no one is deceived, it's just a game and we all know how games go. Betting seems bad to people because it's usually done in clubs. But do you really think it's wrong??

Peppul

For many people gambling is harmless fun, but it can be one a problem. This type of compulsive behaviour is often called problem gambling. A gambling addiction is a progressive adduction that can have many negative psychological, physical and social repercussions which most people call impulse control disorder. We believe gambling is good because someone got lucky and won million so because of that we choose to engage in it hoping that we also can win that same amount that person won but while doing that we become so attached to it that we end up wasting alot of money that are supposed to be used to do important things and at the end of the day it becomes an habit, a bad one.for me gambling is bad, you won't know until you find yourself entangled in the webs of gambling.

Shigobad2020

To me betting is not a crime, it's just like forex trading , all you have is a fifty/ fifty chance of loosing and winning, bettingis a game of luck and if you are not careful you can loose millions of naira in a day while I have also seeing people getting rich through sport betting , the only advise is that you should not ne possessed by it.

D

Deleted member 28873

is betting really wrong ? I don't think so if you looking for a way to make a huge lot of money quickly and to loose lot of money quickly you could start betting.most people do gain lots of money from betting while some do loose lots of money from it jus like the saying all hands are not equal.Betting has damning effects, it is psychologically incapacitating as a result getting one addicted. But no one can deny the fact that's still a money making venture and opportunity to get richer.It advisable not to walk through that part cause it highly addictive it do lower onc thinking to just one way to make money u have to stake a game which is bad

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Betting is a 50-50 stuff. Somehow good to some and somehow bad to some. Yes, it's actually a game of luck and uncertainty that is the reason it's gambling. I have seen people who won huge amount of money from betting. I have also seen some who lost their life savings and committed suicide because of betting.
I won't advice anyone to bet because the vast majority don't win.
As bad as it may seem betting can't be classified as bad cos it's not a criminal activity.

D

Deleted member 28127

Betting is really simple: Every day you make a multiple bet of 5 to 9 matches and then every day there is a mistake in your bet.
So suppose you spend 0,50 euro per bet daily means arround 183 euro yearly and total of winning bet will be 100 euros so you will done free 83 euro to the bookmark and some people are daily betting on matchs but not winning anytime.

Divinechidera

Thinking logically, there's nothing wrong in betting. You're getting paid for predicting correctly which is not an easy feat. Though, if it becomes an addiction, it can be really really bad for the gambler.
Thinking religiously, it's a sin because it's a Robbin-peter-to-pay-paul kinda stuff.
So, it's left to individuals to choose where they're at.

Carson20t

Okay, from my own point of view I see betting very bad and sinful. Betting can you do a lot of unthinkable and bad things, you can steal money just to play a game you think you are going to win at the end you end up losing. In other words betting is very addictive.
That means you are not in a better place to make informed 'decisions and in other cases you can actually claim your money if you are a minor that is why it is strict policy to label and mornitor those who enter gambling sites to be above age .Also you have to train yourself as an individual ,you can use this method as a way of passing free time because youbp are spending what you can afford to loose.
There are peopke for instance who spend on alcohol and still control their spending even if it removes them from the state of being sober.Now as for gumbling you are sober but you are just playing the game.How hard can it be really?

Sammy01

Okay, from my own point of view I see betting very bad and sinful. Betting can you do a lot of unthinkable and bad things, you can steal money just to play a game you think you are going to win at the end you end up losing. In other words betting is very addictive.

Gambling is neither right or wrong in and of itself. That said I am a recovering Compulsive Gambler and can say unequivocally that you are not considering the Risk involved. I would not consider anything that is potentially deadly to me or someone around me.

Destiny Nayaba

Things are neither good nor bad but the way we think of them. But in my own perspective, betting is wrong because it can be very addictive.

Betting is wrong in the sense that it can bring about negative emotions and feelings like anger, resentment and hatred.

The addiction of betting comes from the false hope of winning the next stake. As a result the person will keep chasing the mirage.

When someone becomes an addict with betting, trouble begins. Any money that comes to that person way will be spent on betting.

This happens to a young friend of mine who thinks he can become a millionaire through betting. He is an undergrad at prestigious university.

He was given his school fee and he went ahead to stake all the money betting on virtual soccer with the hope of become a millionaire.

And this leads to his down fall and he is unable to graduate from the University. He is still battling recession as I write this post all because of his addiction for betting.

Betting is wrong as it comes with more dangers than the benefits. Wait, have you seen a gambler on the list of the world richest men and women?
Yes, it is true that betting is really wrong based on the points that you gave. I asked that question to have good insight in this betting. Sometimes it looks good, but it's end is painful

Kennysplash

Verified member
Some of us see betting as a crime. But think about it, do you really think that's it's wrong. It's almost the same as buying and selling. Alot of people have made cool money from betting. All it's takes is the courage.
In betting, no one is deceived, it's just a game and we all know how games go. Betting seems bad to people because it's usually done in clubs. But do you really think it's wrong??
Let us call a spade a spade, betting is so wrong. You worked hard to receive your paycheck only for you to gamble in on something that is 90 percent sure to go the other way. You cannot compare betting to buying and selling, what are you buying exactly? Gambling is a delusion, you keep on thinking that you can make it from it only for your life to be wrecked if you are not careful. It can turn to addiction to which is very unhealthy. So my advice when it comes to betting? Run.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Things are neither good nor bad but the way we think of them. But in my own perspective, betting is wrong because it can be very addictive.

Betting is wrong in the sense that it can bring about negative emotions and feelings like anger, resentment and hatred.

The addiction of betting comes from the false hope of winning the next stake. As a result the person will keep chasing the mirage.

When someone becomes an addict with betting, trouble begins. Any money that comes to that person way will be spent on betting.

This happens to a young friend of mine who thinks he can become a millionaire through betting. He is an undergrad at prestigious university.

He was given his school fee and he went ahead to stake all the money betting on virtual soccer with the hope of become a millionaire.

And this leads to his down fall and he is unable to graduate from the University. He is still battling recession as I write this post all because of his addiction for betting.

Betting is wrong as it comes with more dangers than the benefits. Wait, have you seen a gambler on the list of the world richest men and women?

Last edited:

Sprite1950

It's wrong if you lose all your money and put your family at risk. It's just stupid if you lose it all and put yourself at risk. It can be so addictive and something I have never wanted to do. It's one thing buying a few lottery tickets and losing but to bet a substantial amount on the horses is something completely different. Matching is criminal. It's where participants get together and try to fix the result of a sport. Very wrong.

Sanmight

Betting has damning effects, it is psychologically incapacitating as a result getting one addicted. But no one can deny the fact that's still a money making venture and opportunity to get richer.

This is a trap, but nothing good ever comes easy. I am a gambler myself, I have just mastered the art from years of experience. It is legal in almost all countries. At the end, its not for the faint hearted.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't really blame people that bet. It is a game of luck in which you either win or lose. I csn only advise people to bet responsibly and never allow themselves to become addicted to it. Because it is a surest way of losing money as well.

Carson20t

Betting is s game of luck and its all about preference .If one thinks they are able to do betting then there is no resson to restrict them to do what they please.But it is important to take note that betting is highly addictive and can make you loose money that you have actually not budgeted or prepared to loose.That is why every person that enganges in it must be of the right age to make sound decisions.

So If you are able to control that then you are going to be okay with it.so personaly i can't categorise under it being a crime or a lucrative potential method to ear from.

Jonaville

I disagree with a lot of those points you made. First of all, only a small fraction of people who bet actually win. So you can't say 'a lot of people'. Secondly, it is not the same as buying and selling. Tell me, what exactly are you buying? Betting slips? And thirdly, betting has nothing to do with courage. You basically placed your money on uncertainties, that hardly qualifies as courage.
And lastly, you said 'no one can be deceived'. Ever heard of fixed games? Yes, people are tricked into thinking that some games are being manipulated to have a certain outcome. A lot of people have lost their money to these scheme.
So you see, your points don't justify betting. I won't advice anyone to venture into it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I beg to disagree that betting is like buying and selling. Betting to a game of luck while buying and selling isn't. One can be advised to go into buying and selling as a legitimate form of business but same can't be said of betting. So even if betting can't be classified as a criminal activity but we can't till classify it as a legit way of making money. I don't like betting because I see it as gambling away my hard earned money