Is Blogging An Outdated Way Of Making Money?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Blogging is considered a type of way to make money that has been the most preferred choice of many people who want to make money online. However, I think that when we recommend people to make money, we always tend to advise people to start a blog. Blogging is something that is not a new way to make money online. In the past, there have been many blogs and people have been making money through them for a long time. At that time, the competition in the blogging world was not too tough. It was pretty much easier to get yourself ranked at a much higher position as compared to now.

Now things have changed a lot not only because there are so many other blogs that you need to compete with, but this is also because of many changes in the SEO policies of Google as well. It is not that easy to get an adsense account as it was in the past. As a result, many bloggers have no choice but to choose other kinds of advertising networks that offer far much lower CPM rate as compared to adsense. So, does this make blogging an outdated way of making money online?

D

Deleted member 13140

IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!

Honestly I wanted to log off of trendri when i saw this thread, blogging can never be outdated, it's just that more people are heading towards video, especially short form video because attention spam is decreasing by the minute it's like people are becoming more and more lazy, but blogging can never be outdated, if you need fast info you'll need to google and you'll end up on a site.

And businesses still use blogs, Not everyone enjoy video, first it's data consuming second it's time consuming you can't consume a video content in public except you have headphones which makes it hard, and plus when you're looking for fast information on YouTube you won't get it, because the creator will first talk and talk before finally mentioning what you want in the middle of a 10mins boring video, though YouTube kind of fixed that by adding timestamps but all the same.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
While it's true that blogging can be a lucrative career, you may be thinking, "Is blogging an outdated way of making money?"

The short answer is no. Blogging is still one of the best ways to make money online. But it's important to understand that it's not a get-rich-quick scheme. In other words, if you're looking for a way to make a lot of money quickly without doing any work, then blogging isn't for you.

While there are some people out there who might say that blogging is dead or dying, I'd argue that this isn't true at all. If anything, blogging has come back from the dead and is thriving. It's just not as easy as it used to be because there are so many more blogs now than there were back in 2009 when The New York Times declared bloggers "the new celebrities."

If you've been thinking about starting your own blog but haven't done so yet because you're afraid it will be too hard, I'm here to tell you: Don't worry! Blogging isn't difficult at all, especially if you have a passion for what you're writing about

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I really took lots of positives reading @Jasz comment with this particular thread that is surrounded around blogging. I'll support his motion that, blogging isn't difficult, one can still earn long term through blogging. But the mindset to make it faster should be erased. But one can make reasonable amount of money online blogging their is no doubt to that. But it is one of the gig online that requires time and hardwork before paying off. It isn't the one anyone will come and wanting to do just one single post and hoping to get going with making big money off through blogging. I don't rush when it comes to making money legitimately online, I always believe that, with more serious hard work, one can make it through blogging. Their are still other means to make money online, if blogging isn't for you. Crypto is there, you can trade crypto and make money. But the risk is much compared to blogging that isn't risky provided you understand what you're doing. I don't get bothered over the longevity at which I'll start making cool money blogging, I believe success will come through my work rate. And not just come, when I did nothing.

Ajebo25

Verified member
I don't think that blogging is an outdated with which you can make money online tumi blogging is still one of the best ways by which you can make money online because it makes it easy for you as a writer to write about what you love and still make money from it there are many ways by which you can make money online but I think blogging is one of the best ways by which you can make money online because with blogging you are in control of your website your manager traffic is just like offline business where you manage advertisements and your customers blogging is like a full-time job and it take months before you can actually learnt something from it blogging is not a get-rich-quick scheme and that is the more reason why I love blogging.

All what you need to do in blogging is just avoid copied content make sure that your website is easy to navigate and always make sure that your website is SEO compatible put your visitors first don't place advertisements and a place where will block or affect your contents because this is one reason and things that others do which is really annoying

Augusta

VIP Contributor
No I don't think this can ever be outdated as far as the internet exist we would still have bloggers around. you can easily earn passive income from blogging. At present, there are several ways of making money from blogging so it is still used by a lot of people to make money

One outstanding way you can make money with blogging is through affiliate marketing.With this method, you only need to insert links to other people's products and get a commission

Mika

VIP Contributor
I started blogging in 2020 and fast forward to 2024, I am making money from my blog. My last month income from my blog paid my rent and utility bills. I can assure you that blogging is not an outdated method to make money online. However, I also agree that a lot of people cannot make money from their blogs? Do you know why? Well, they do not have skills and knowledge they need for blogging. For them blogging is just about writing, blogging is also about SEO and digital marketing

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, many people may be thinking that blogging could be outdated due to the fact that now Vlogging has become a new trend and norm. However, I do not think that blogging is entirely outdated. I still search for information online. This makes me encounter various different kinds of blogs that may contain very useful data that may not be available on many different kinds of Vlogs. Now many youtubers are using data contained in many blogs and scientific research websites to add information when it comes to creating a Vlog. So, blogging is still relevant to some extent in the current times.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Vlogging requires a lot of technical skills form video shooting to editing videos. Vlogging also requires investment, you need to invest in camera and other accessories as well as on editing software. Sometimes you even need assistants to help you behind the camera. Therefore, vlogging is more challenging than blogging. Just because you see a lot of people into vlogging does not mean they are also earning from their blogs. It is still difficult to earn from your videos, just like your blogs, you still need SEO and marketing.