Business Ideas is electrical materials business profitable?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
The electrical material retail shop is very profitable especially if you have any shop nearby as your competitor. You can get the material in a bulk quantity and sell them in retail at a most competitive price. Since the products are not perishable, you can store them in bulk and sell them in retail to make a good margin. You can keep the material from local manufacturer as well as from good reputed company also to have more profits. All the best!
electrical retail shop is very popular in my area and there are a lot of people who are making a whole lot of money from it. In my street, there are about five shops that deals with electrical appliances and I can tell you that all of them are making profit because there are large number of people buying electrical appliances on daily basis.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Well, for someone like me that does not have the huge money to purchase the whole sale quantity, is it not possible for me to still start small and build on what I have gradually? Maybe one day, I will do well in the business if I manage it well. Another question I have for you is that, is it still possible for me to start small and become a whole saler very soon as long as am doing well on it?
Although its possible you start small and reach the wholesaler level ,the function of the wholesaler is to buy from the producer in large quantity and sell in small quantity to the retailer ,so you have to know the best producer to buy from and get more goods to sell to the retailer that should be your focus as a retailer and its the basis to use

Good luck

Verified member
Electrical materials is a very lucrative business everywhere because as long as you have shelter there is no way you won't deal or make use of electrical appliances.It is even profitable for those that are selling it.they make good profit from there though sometimes the materials appliances may not be of good quality due to fake that is much.

funmi

Verified member
That's the truth its best to start on wholesale or large scale because that's the opportunity the person have to invest large amount of money and earn more money , starting on a smaller scale or level could just fetch the seller less amount of profit which is not okay on the long run I think , eletrical businesses are profitable
Well, for someone like me that does not have the huge money to purchase the whole sale quantity, is it not possible for me to still start small and build on what I have gradually? Maybe one day, I will do well in the business if I manage it well. Another question I have for you is that, is it still possible for me to start small and become a whole saler very soon as long as am doing well on it?

funmi

Verified member
Electrical materials here are sold in hardware stores. You cannot just sell those products if your store is not licensed for hardware items. Besides, electrical products are required for certification by a government agency because a fake lighting system can cause fire in the home or building.
Electrical materials here are sold in hardware stores. You cannot just sell those products if your store is not licensed for hardware items. Besides, electrical products are required for certification by a government agency because a fake lighting system can cause fire in the home or building.
Really? So electrical materials can not be sold in any store in your country? That means, it is the opposite that is happening in my country. As long as you can do the business, then you are good to go. The only thing I also know about people that do selling of electrical appliances is that they have association that you must join compulsorily. After joining their association in your local area, you will be attending their meetings and you will have no problem with certification.

Josemendez

Verified member
As for me , there is no business that is not profitable , it depends on the location the business is , whether there is market for the business there ,etc.
People will always have need for electrical products. Bulbs are replaced when spoiled , there will other electrical appliances that people will need . The only issue is that there are favourable location for such business

sincerem

VIP Contributor
location is very important in this type of business and anyone who can find a very good location can really be successful in the business. In my area of residence the business is very lucrative, this is because there are a lot of people into the business and as the year goes by there are various shops are expanding. so getting the right business idea and also getting a very good location is vital for the success of this kind of business.
That's simply right dear. When the location favours our business surely it brings about sales, business sales comes through favourable location. Its just like one dealing on building materials but operate in a legit newly area. Its not possible to make any sales there. But dealing on such business in a developing area, will surely improve sales.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Electrical materials shouldn't be tagged if its profitable or not. This kind of business is always profitable when you're having reasonable plans for it. And choosing the right location suitable for selling the electrical materials. Location plays a major role when it comes to sales, if you don't operate in a populated location, where their are much buildings, it wouldn't be easy to make reasonable sales of your electrical materials.
location is very important in this type of business and anyone who can find a very good location can really be successful in the business. In my area of residence the business is very lucrative, this is because there are a lot of people into the business and as the year goes by there are various shops are expanding. so getting the right business idea and also getting a very good location is vital for the success of this kind of business.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Electrical materials shouldn't be tagged if its profitable or not. This kind of business is always profitable when you're having reasonable plans for it. And choosing the right location suitable for selling the electrical materials. Location plays a major role when it comes to sales, if you don't operate in a populated location, where their are much buildings, it wouldn't be easy to make reasonable sales of your electrical materials.

funmi

Verified member
I discovered that there is a business that is not really common in my area where am staying. This business is buying and selling electrical materials like bulb, electrical wires, switches, screws and so on.

What made me to realized this was when I needed some electrical materials in my house and I went around to look for it but I couldn't find one near by, I had to go very far before getting one.

This really brought a lot of questions in my mind, but the thing about this type of business is that I do not know anything about it. I don't know if I can work towards it.

More importantly, I don't know if this type of business is profitable. I will like to learn and know all about selling electrical materials business if it will be good.

Please, if there is anyone with good ideas and information about electrical materials business, I will you to educate me on it.

Please, your contributions will be much appreciated. Thanks.

A K Rao

The electrical material retail shop is very profitable especially if you have any shop nearby as your competitor. You can get the material in a bulk quantity and sell them in retail at a most competitive price. Since the products are not perishable, you can store them in bulk and sell them in retail to make a good margin. You can keep the material from local manufacturer as well as from good reputed company also to have more profits. All the best!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We have conducted electrical material business in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for more than 15 years. It was a good business and we earned a lot. However, things took a massive turn when the Saudi Arabian government started expelling expats and started tightening the policies regarding foreigners. We used to sell construction material and we still remember it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Any business can be profitable, if you actually discovered what the people need.
And you have made a good research by knowing that this business can move in your area.....But my concern is, is your area a populated area ? Because if not, business might be slow.

Electrical stuffs do not get spoilt easily, one may use one bulb for almost a year and not get spoilt.....A socket could be used for more than 5months, i guess. I will advise you move this business to the market and start a wholesale not retail.
That's the truth its best to start on wholesale or large scale because that's the opportunity the person have to invest large amount of money and earn more money , starting on a smaller scale or level could just fetch the seller less amount of profit which is not okay on the long run I think , eletrical businesses are profitable

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Any business can be profitable, if you actually discovered what the people need.
And you have made a good research by knowing that this business can move in your area.....But my concern is, is your area a populated area ? Because if not, business might be slow.

Electrical stuffs do not get spoilt easily, one may use one bulb for almost a year and not get spoilt.....A socket could be used for more than 5months, i guess. I will advise you move this business to the market and start a wholesale not retail.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Its profitable on a large scale those who made profit from the business would be in real profit at the end , because locations matters too in running your business, this are some things , most people that are into the business who have more customers usually establish the business on roadside , so people can be able to see them properly

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yes you can make good of Electrical business, because it is one thing people will always buy.no body will want to be in darkness so people are always willing to buy any Electriical thing when it is faulty. So go ahead and start your business if you are interested

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That is a very good observation that you have there. electrical materials business is very popular in my area and there are several people who are into it and I can tell you that all of them are making a whole lot of money from it. This is evident because so many of them are growing their shops on daily basis. If you are staying in an urban area then you should not hesitate to venture into it because it is very profitable.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well I have some understanding of electrical fittings and installation but the most surprising fact is that I don't really have much work to do in terms of electrical wiring of houses but the one I am using to generate money is installation of solar materials because that is what is needed nowadays and a lot of people are looking forward to install solar materials in their houses since there is no constant supply of electricity over here .

Well I can say that most of these things will depend on the location that will determine how most of them are needed because my solar installation business will not likely be profitable in the rural settlement because there is no body to patronize me , most people in the rural settlement may not likely afford to install solar system in their houses therefore the business will be suitable in the Urban settlement.

Probably maybe there are some location in which electrical services will be much more needed and such location could be profitable but talking from my experience , depending on electrical skill as the only source of income may not likely be profitable over here base on my experiences .