Shares/Stock Is It A Wise Idea To Invest In Stock Market Amid Omicron Pandemic?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all know what happened in the year 2020. The year 2020 was a kind of year that will never be forgotten by humans for a long period of time. It was the year when the pandemic ruined the world. The year 2020 was one of the worst years for the stock market. There were many experts who were comparing the year 2020 stock market crash with the crash of the market that happened in the year 2008. Somehow we managed to spend time in the year 2021. However, the year 2022 might be good or better than the previous year, but it entirely depends on the cases of virus in the world.

The world is now battling with many other variants of the Covid-19 virus such as the delta variant and Omicron variant. The cases of Omicron are increasing in many countries and if the ,lock down gets imposed once again, then the stock market will definitely crash once again just like it did two years ago. I am not sure, but do you guys really think that investing your hard earned money in stock market would be a wise idea in the year 2022 when we are still living in the times of pandemic? I really just do not know when this pandemic will be over for good!

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am quite contented with my stock investment. The price is not volatile that it plays from 120 per share up to 135 per share since I started observing the market trend last November when I received my stocks. Now that I have extra money and with a plan to buy the price is going up so I have to play it cool. Sometime in December the market price dipped to 120 so I was aiming to buy. But a friend that I consulted said I should be waiting for more because the price can go down to 100. That's too far from 120 but I am a newbie so I had to follow her advice. At least I am not being rash with buying. Today the price is 129 per share so it is not a good time to buy although I can sell some shares if I need the money (fortunately I do not need the money today and not even next year). I have to be honest to myself that investing is new to me so I have to be extra careful in my dealings. Right now I have to stay put with my shares and wait until the price goes down to 120 or lower.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am quite contented with my stock investment. The price is not volatile that it plays from 120 per share up to 135 per share since I started observing the market trend last November when I received my stocks. Now that I have extra money and with a plan to buy the price is going up so I have to play it cool. Sometime in December the market price dipped to 120 so I was aiming to buy. But a friend that I consulted said I should be waiting for more because the price can go down to 100. That's too far from 120 but I am a newbie so I had to follow her advice. At least I am not being rash with buying. Today the price is 129 per share so it is not a good time to buy although I can sell some shares if I need the money (fortunately I do not need the money today and not even next year). I have to be honest to myself that investing is new to me so I have to be extra careful in my dealings. Right now I have to stay put with my shares and wait until the price goes down to 120 or lower.

Well, it is good to read that you are careful with your investments and you seek the opinions and help of people around you who are much more experienced. However, the fact of the matter is that when it comes to stock trading and cryptocurrency trading, anything could happen. This is because these two markets are pretty much volatile and they are dependent on circumstances and economical situations and market conditions that surround them. The year 2020 was not good for the stock market, but it was great for cryptocurrency investors.

However, 2021 was worst for cryptocurrency investors. As far as stock market is concerned, the local stock market in my country collapsed a few months ago due to the Omicron variant getting spread rapidly in my country. It is spreading at a higher pace and if the investors pull away all the capital from the market, then the market will collapse once again. I am not sure in what stocks you have invested, but I think that it would be a wise decision to invest your capital in stocks that have a much higher chances of rising even during the pandemic. You may invest in healthcare products because the stocks of such products will flourish no matter what.

D

Deleted member 28127

Most online stocks investments are affected during the pandemic but they could continue.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Your digital investment isn't affected by the omicron virant since you aren't investing it physically where you need to go to the financial institution to make payment. If you remember clearly you'll get to know that, during the earlier time of covid19 in 2020, it never hindered crypto prices from going on a milestone especially during the ending of 2020. So, I don't see omicron virant causing any stir in the investment of stocks and shares. What really matters is for you to pick out the right and potential coin to maximize your profit with time and avoid running at loss.

Shaf

Verified member
The stock market is often affected by news and the pandemic which had major effects on the economies of countries worldwide was no exception. Such times, the prices of stocks can go down a lot depending on people's perception on the best way to maintain the value of their wealth.

That's usually the time to buy a d sell when it's higher. However, it's important you know at which point to buy too, because more bad news can crash the market further from your buying point. It's best and easier to work with your broker or someone who is experienced to get the best in such situations.

Suba

Staff member
Many observers and stock investors predict that the outbreak of the Covid-19 case (Omicrom) will have an effect, especially on the correction of the composite stock price index. Of course the influence of Omicron on stock prices will be different for each country. It is likely that the income of issuers will decrease if the restrictions on activities are treated by the government. If the case of Covid 19 Omicron increases, it will be a negative sentiment in stock trading. So I think it would be better if stock investors stay alert and update news about omicrom and economic developments.