Is it advisable to leave your personal life for your business

D

Deleted member 13140

For many startups or well suit to say entrepreneurs, starting a business is a long cherished dream. But actually in real life, being self employed. You know?
Starting your own business can be a serious shock, especially if you haven't done your research.

but really aside from the fear of failure and all that, Starting your own business has a really really big implication on your personal life.

Okay so what am trying to say is, there is alot of distraction from your personal life. I mean friends here and there.
Facebook chats, engaging on long conversations or augments on things that don't really matter.
When you can use that exact time to research and do things that can actually help you on your business or otherwise.

But my fear is, if you focus too much on your business and forget your personal life, does it have some kind of effect later on.
??

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is called discipline. You cannot be doing what you enjoy doing while you have not started working. It won't be possible. That's the reason why you must leave your personal life if at all you want to grow your business. You must leave some acts to make you focus.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The essence of starting up a business is to improve your personal lives. there is no point in letting your personal life just because you are building in a business. We must learn how to strike a balance between building business and maintain a positive lifestyle. One must not affect the other and this is the reason why it is very important to track what we are doing.

D

Deleted member 13140

This is called discipline. You cannot be doing what you enjoy doing while you have not started working. It won't be possible. That's the reason why you must leave your personal life if at all you want to grow your business. You must leave some acts to make you focus.
Yeah exactly what I thought. Thought sometimes it's very difficult to let go of your personal life. In some cases. I know why am saying it because that's exactly whats going on with me. Though am sure I got it covered. But honestly personal life can be a huge distraction.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you are alone in the management of your business, especially a start up, then I would say you may have no more time for your family life. But that should be understandable by your family and friends that they should give their support by all means possible. There will come a time that workload will ease.

Good luck

Verified member
I don't think it is a good idea to leave one personal life because o business.They are two things entirely.ones life is very essential,it is a living being that can do business.You can live your life and also create time to do your business.I f one dies there will not do chance to do business r do any form of trading.

Jonaville

In my own opinion, personal life and business are two different aspects of life. You shouldn't sacrifice one for another. Personal life affords you the opportunity to go about other activities that is not work related, and this includes social life, recreation, family, etcetera. One should learn to strike a balance.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In my own opinion, personal life and business are two different aspects of life. You shouldn't sacrifice one for another. Personal life affords you the opportunity to go about other activities that is not work related, and this includes social life, recreation, family, etcetera. One should learn to strike a balance.
You are right with your view. But these two types of lives always contradict each other most time. You can not expect someone that is sociable before he started business to still continue being social after the business, it will be affecting the business in the long run. Imagine someone that loves drinking and partying doing business. Do you think the business will still prosper

D

Deleted member 51169

For many startups or well suit to say entrepreneurs, starting a business is a long cherished dream. But actually in real life, being self employed. You know?
Starting your own business can be a serious shock, especially if you haven't done your research.

but really aside from the fear of failure and all that, Starting your own business has a really really big implication on your personal life.

Okay so what am trying to say is, there is alot of distraction from your personal life. I mean friends here and there.
Facebook chats, engaging on long conversations or augments on things that don't really matter.
When you can use that exact time to research and do things that can actually help you on your business or otherwise.

But my fear is, if you focus too much on your business and forget your personal life, does it have some kind of effect later on.
??
"...on things that don't really matter". The emphasis from your write up as quoted suffices as a cogent reason why you should not be scared of such kind of life being affected. Any business tycoon or entrepreneur who mix pleasure with business is bound to land crash, how much more a start up entrepreneur.

At the incubation stage of every business, personal grandiose is sacrificed for the life of a project.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you want to become successful in business then there are some lifestyles you need to cut off. When you will look at the successful people that has some things they do that normal people don't do. some successful people do not talk much when what you're talking is not related to business. Some of them doesn't even have time to party or other unuseful things.