Is it by what you studied or what you can do?

Kennysplash

Verified member
We are no more in an era where what is studied is the criteria for employment. It is now what you can do. I have some experience of people that work in places that are not relevant at all to what they studied. So this means it all comes down to how well you are able to learn new things and adapt to changes. I have seen someone that studied language working in bank, and someone that medical science working in a book printing press, although a very big one. So this means that what you studied no longer offers certainty, but what you can do. Many companies offer training before you start working, that is why if you are intelligent you can grab the work process and do it fine. So be knowledgeable about a lot of fields, not just what you are studying.

Jonaville

There is this popular saying in my country: it is not by what you studied, it is by what you can do. That is just the plain truth. Some people can study a course, yet have little or no knowledge on how to apply it in the secular sector. On the other hand, we have those who don't have any academic knowledge of the same course, but if given the job, they can execute to the best fraction.
However, it is best if one can offer skills in the area he/she studied. This can ensure great optimization of what you can offer.
We are no more in an era where what is studied is the criteria for employment. It is now what you can do. I have some experience of people that work in places that are not relevant at all to what they studied. So this means it all comes down to how well you are able to learn new things and adapt to changes. I have seen someone that studied language working in bank, and someone that medical science working in a book printing press, although a very big one. So this means that what you studied no longer offers certainty, but what you can do. Many companies offer training before you start working, that is why if you are intelligent you can grab the work process and do it fine. So be knowledgeable about a lot of fields, not just what you are studying.

Thosynho

Both are important and both can work hand to hand. For instance, what you studied can actually enhance your output that is, it can assist you in doing things perfectly. On the other way round, what you can do too that is practical can assist you in learning fast in form of study. So, both are important and can work hand in hand.

Josemendez

Verified member
I think what we study matters ,it helps us to be able to do well in the field.
The challenge is that corruption on our countries has made it possible that people who deserve to work in a particular firm ,are neglected in preference to those who are related to the employer ,or have paid a lot of money to get the position.

But then , there is always a difference seeing someone who studied in a particular field working in the field ,than someone who didn't study in that field .

Xerryl

Some people can study a course, yet have little or no knowledge on how to apply it in the secular sector. On the other hand, we have those who don't have any academic knowledge of the same course, but if given the job, they can execute to the best fraction.

Rainlover207

For instance, what you studied can actually enhance your output that is, it can assist you in doing things perfectly. On the other way round, what you can do too that is practical can assist you in learning fast in form of study.

Divinechidera

What we study is really important if we work on the sector where we studied is concerned about. But in all, we should try to be versatile so that we can fit into any sector if the need arises. For example, my science teacher can comfortably take commercial and arts students if the need arises and that made his tutorial center the biggest in the neighborhood.
In all, be versatile so that you can easily adapt in all areas.