Is It Easy to Make Money From Dropshipping?

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I started making money online, I was also planning to start a dropshipping business. I built a fund, did some research on the niche, drop suppliers, etc. I even bought a domain for that purpose. However, before I started building dropship website, I wanted to know about real cases. I searched on Google and Youtube and most of the people said anyone can make money through dropship. I was not satisfied. I began to search for people that I knew personally who had tried dropshipping, luckily I found a friend.

Here is the story of his dropshipping business

When covid took away his job, he started looking online for money-making opportunities, which made him choose a dropshipping business. He bought a domain hosting, and a eCommerce website designer and spent about $600 to build the store. He also hired an SEO consultant and spent $300 to do SEO on his store. He also spent an additional $300 on Facebook ads. For 3 months there were zero sales. He spent about $500 on Google and Facebook Ads. He was bent on making money from his store, therefore, he refused to quit. He spent more money on ads and SEO. He did every kind of digital marketing from influencer marketing to email marketing. By the time he spent $3000, he had made just 2-3 sales.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I am have not yet built my own dropshipping store, however, I have used dropshipping method to sell products online and make money. I used dropshipping method to drive sale through instagram shop and facebook marketplace. I have used a lot of platforms to sell products and based on my experience, dropshipping is relatively difficult compared to selling on etsy or even affiliate marketing. Irrespective of what you are selling and how you are selling, what method you are using what platform you are using, the main skill you need is digital marketing. You need the skills, knowledge, and also money to promote and market your products on social sites, on search engines, through email marketing, as well as on blogs and websites. Just because you are marketing does not guarantee your success, you also need SEO. You also need to outsource your products from cheap store. Aliexpress and Alibaba are the perfect marketplaces to outsource dropshipping products. While alibaba requires multiple purchase, you can buy a single product from Aliexpress, which makes it one of the best marketplaces for dropshipping. Building a dropshipping business is very difficult, but you can try dropshipping through social sites and this doe snot require a lot of investment.