Saving Money Is it good or bad to resign from work before the retirement age??

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I have been hearing so many people whenever they are looking for employment most applicant do not like going for private company because they use to say that because they don't pay pension or their pension scheme is very low.

When gainfully employ under government as a worker the focus of many employers is that when they retire they will have enough pension to lay their hand on and use it to do something tangible.
But reverse is the case now where some country do not pay their workers again after so many years in service before the retirement age.

To me I think when someone received the appointment letter the first thing that they should be doing is that,they should started planning for the future by making sure that the little money they received is well manage so that they can save little from it and use it for business by so doing they will even have enough money to do anything they want in life. Even they can honourably resign even before their retirement age since they have some thing to fall back on.
Is resign before the retirement age good or bad?

Briangsam

The difference between retiring and resigning is that when you retire, sometimes you can still receive (social) benefits like healthcare and a pension. Resigning means you voluntarily quit your job, which means you're not eligible for those benefits. So you have to weigh your options and decide why you have to quit and what you are quitting your job for. Does it worth it?

Samuel72

Verified member
It is good for someone to retire from work at the retirement age but you resigning before your retirement age I see nothing wrong about that still, some people resign from work because they already have investment and some feel very weak to work so they decides to retire. you can resign from work at any time of your choice and there's nothing wrong about that.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Resigning before retirement is personal decision. Before a worker can voluntarily resigns, there should be some factors that necessitated that. So what necessitated the resignation will determine whether it is right or wrong. It will be right if the person resigns because of injustice meted on him. We can't be bearing injustices because we want to secure jobs.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

this all depend on individual perspective on what he or she wants for himself if the individual decide to retire from work before his time of retirement may be due to some certain reasons which is best known to him. Mostindividuals retire from work when they find or have a business which pays more than their salary which they are receiving from that office.

Mellorando

Banned
It all depends on the reason why he or she choose to resign from work if the reason is positive then I think retiring is a best option some people retire early from work so as to spend more time with their family and friends she also retired from work early possibly because of bad influences in their workplace but before retiring they must consider their available with income if it will sustain them before they find something else to do

Queentener

It depends on the situation, if you are resigning because you are moving overseas for greener pastures or because you got a better job that gives you what you want then it's a good decision. But if you are resigning because people are resigning you are in for the suffering of your life.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a common question that I hear from the oldtimers in our office when I was working in a bank. Some people ask if their retirement pay (after working 20 years) will be enough to make them live until the day they die. I never joined that discussion because for me my main issue with retirement is what to do when you have no job. It is boring when there is nothing to do.

Bami

In my own opinion I will say it is good because when you see a money that is even more better than the salary you are collecting why can't you just go and resign and go for the work or when you see a business that has good profit even more than the salary you are collecting I I think you should go for that in my own opinion I will see resigning from the work you are doing and go for another work before retirement is very good.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me I will want to work still the retirement age. Starting a business can still be carried out in the course of one's working, it shouldn't just be about resigning for a business alone. As I used to say business success isn't a day job you need to put in a lot to succeed at it that's the truth Sometimes you need a gradual process to scale through. This is why people can do business for years with nothing to show for it. The business terrain Is a dicey one and isn't what one should just resign to permanently stay in.

In my country until you reach the retirement age and resign properly I don't think you would be able to process your pension and gratuity easily. I even see some people that retired properly going through stress to get their money so I wondered for those that just resigned on their own. I don't think it makes much sense. if you have about 10 years to retirement, then I will advised anyone to stay still then. But you can start your business and continue to manage it on the low still you are retired then you can go full time with it.

Richee84

Retirement from work before the retirement age depends on the nature of the work you are doing and how well you are doing there, there have been so many cases where an employees have to retire from their current work to start up there own business in their little way, I might say if you are working in a good organization where you are well paid with good packages and bonuses and as well have a good and attractive pension scheme for retirees, then I will advice the person working in such organization to continue working and get to it retirement age before leaving the work. The pension after retirement will be a good plan to fall back on after the person might have retire. But on the second case where an individual work in an organization where they don't have a good pension scheme and there is no good welfare packag for their staff, I think the best thing to do is to make sure u have enough savings from the little thing u get there and have your own plan to leave their when u have enough money to start your own business and concentrate all your energy on your own business to build it

funmi

Verified member
It is not bad to retire from work before your retirement age. This is very easy to do especially people who are working in private sectors. As long as you must have been prepared ahead and make sure you have you what to fall back at after you retire, then you are good to go.
But as a government worker, it will be difficult to stop working before your retirement age. If you have side hustle or other source of income, you can still be doing it along side your job until the time you retire.
So you need to check the Your chances before taking such decisions

E

eldavis

There is notting actually wrong with the decision to resign before the retirement age, what makes it good or bad is the reasons behind it. I have seen cases why people retire before their retirement age simply cause they have other investments working for them that would give steady them residual income

Oluwasegun purpose

Re-sign from work before the time of retirement is not a good thing is not advise able at all because if you wait for retirement time you can be able to achieve so many things like you will be receiving pensions from there and with that money if can help you in so many ways it helps a lot in once life retirement before the time is not something good..

I have been hearing so many people whenever they are looking for employment most applicant do not like going for private company because they use to say that because they don't pay pension or their pension scheme is very low.

When gainfully employ under government as a worker the focus of many employers is that when they retire they will have enough pension to lay their hand on and use it to do something tangible.
But reverse is the case now where some country do not pay their workers again after so many years in service before the retirement age.

To me I think when someone received the appointment letter the first thing that they should be doing is that,they should started planning for the future by making sure that the little money they received is well manage so that they can save little from it and use it for business by so doing they will even have enough money to do anything they want in life. Even they can honourably resign even before their retirement age since they have some thing to fall back on.
Is resign before the retirement age good or bad?
If you have money you can give a booth for your bosses otherwise not recommend!

soxcryp

It is definitely highly desirable to retire after retirement is secured. However, if you have an additional option that replaces it, it is also valid.

Suba

Staff member
Resigning before the retirement age of course has good and bad aspects for a worker. The benefit of resigning before retirement age is if the person has a mature business plan, or to develop an existing business, so that time is not wasted. While the drawbacks of resigning before retirement age are the loss of fixed income every month, they will only receive a pension that is much smaller than their salary while working, feeling bored and bored staying at home.

Ajebo25

Verified member
I think resigning from your job is a very bad idea if you have been working on that job for a long time and you have come a very long way I mean like there are some jobs now that require 25 years before you can be able to retire and others are 35 if you have spent a lot of time on that job you are spend like half of that time I think you should just push and continue so you can just finish it but if you think that you have had enough money or you are not financially balanced in off all there some situations that are critical that requires you to leave the job immediately then you can resign.

I have seen many people that resigned from their job and later regret it and I don't want that to happen to you make sure you are financially balanced before you leave your job because ask yourself where will your income come from if you leave this job if you didn't think of that property might become the order of the day because if you leave your job you will need to find another thing that will be sustainable but if you think you are financially balanced enough then I think you can resign from your job

Shigobad2020

People should get to know the true meaning of resigning and retiring from work , when you resign from work , you are not opportuned to have any thing like financial capacity being rendered to you by the organisation you retired from , most especially if you resigned from a private business organisation,

But if you wait until you attained the age of retirement and you retired in the line of duty , most especially if you are are federal government workers, you are entitled to many things , like the retirement fund (gratuity) which is a huge amount of money that can be used to start a business , build a house or do anything you wishes , and after that the government will be paying you some certain amount of money every month which is called pension until the day you die.
So its advisable to retire rather than resigning from work.