General insurance Is it hard to sell insurance to people?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You are very right. That's why I concluded that selling insurance company in the cities where we have many people thay are well enlightened on it and there are various companies that are even ready to get theirselves insured will be easier compare to the rural areas where you need much work to convince the people.
In rural settlement ,it would surely be difficult , because the amount of educated person in the urban settlement can't be compared to the amount in rural settlement ,so the person would have to do more public enlightenment thing to get more people to buy the insurance policy ,he or she is selling

Chibson

VIP Contributor
One of the best ways of selling insurance to people is to enlighten them about the importance of having an insurance. One thing i realised is that a lot of people do not really have proper knowledge of how insurance works. You also need to be very honest in your dealings with them.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Not just insurance policy, selling itself is a tough job. It is really hard to convince people to buy the products or services. This is one of the reasons why there is less interest in salesman jobs. However, selling is a profitable job because you earn a lot of profits and commissions.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are countries where people know the value of insurance companies and they actually do not need to go around asking people to come and purchase a premium from them. Generally it depends on the kind of location that insurance company is. To answer your question, Not every insurance company ask their agents to go looking for clients or insurers

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I got me about this when a friend was just going two different office to market his insurance policy for the company he is working with. He was so annoyed because it wasn't receiving lots of rejection. I told him to look for those who their income can afford to buy any of the policy and watch sells rolling in.
He should have done that since. That's the reason we need to consist location while setting up a business as risky as insurance company. To be frank, I don't think I can work for any insurance company because I don't think I can go through all the stress of looking for investors which may be difficult to see.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I got me about this when a friend was just going two different office to market his insurance policy for the company he is working with. He was so annoyed because it wasn't receiving lots of rejection. I told him to look for those who their income can afford to buy any of the policy and watch sells rolling in.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It can be very hard to market insurance if your targeted audience are the poor citizens. This set of people don't have what they are going to eat not to talk of having service which they can use to buy insurance policy. you need to locate the right audience for the insurance policy you are selling in order to excel.
You are right. People that want to sell insurance must make sure they target the rich and mostly business people. These are the people that usually make insurance their target. Invariably, people that want to sell insurance policy must look inward to the cities where these set of people can be easily seen instead of rural area.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It can be very hard to market insurance if your targeted audience are the poor citizens. This set of people don't have what they are going to eat not to talk of having savings which they can use to buy insurance policy. you need to locate the right audience for the insurance policy you are selling in order to excel.

Last edited:

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Selling insurance can be very difficult for a beginner agent. those who know about their prospects and the market usually found that way and sell more of insurance. this is the reason why it's very important to learn about marketing skills if you are selling insurance so as to know how to capture your audience very well and make more sales.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There are lots of insurance companies in My City. And this makes it pretty much easier to have a company to work with as an insurance agent and her could cash.

Some companies are placing their Insurance Agents or monthly salary why others work things out based on commission.

Those insurance companies that require Insurance Agents to earn based on commission usually ask them to hustle around for clients.

To me it appears as if they are asking the Insurance Agents to play the role of a marketer for their company which I think they need to hire different set of people to do this job.

But one thing about marketing a product is to face a lot of rejections. So I want to ask that is it hard to sell insurance to people?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It's never difficult selling insure to the people ,I think what majorly depends is the type of marketing approach you are dealing with ,if you are using a very good marketing strategy to persuade users ,you would find it very easy to convince people to sign up for the insurance company
You are very right. That's why I concluded that selling insurance company in the cities where we have many people thay are well enlightened on it and there are various companies that are even ready to get theirselves insured will be easier compare to the rural areas where you need much work to convince the people.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It's never difficult selling insure to the people ,I think what majorly depends is the type of marketing approach you are dealing with ,if you are using a very good marketing strategy to persuade users ,you would find it very easy to convince people to sign up for the insurance company

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I could see from the argument of the other commentators that it is better and easier to sell insurance policy online compare to how it can be done offline. People are difficult to convince when it comes to insurance policy. It is only possible and easier in the advanced countries.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
There are lots of insurance companies in My City. And this makes it pretty much easier to have a company to work with as an insurance agent and her could cash.

Some companies are placing their Insurance Agents or monthly salary why others work things out based on commission.

Those insurance companies that require Insurance Agents to earn based on commission usually ask them to hustle around for clients.

To me it appears as if they are asking the Insurance Agents to play the role of a marketer for their company which I think they need to hire different set of people to do this job.

But one thing about marketing a product is to face a lot of rejections. So I want to ask that is it hard to sell insurance to people?
To me I will say that its not hard to sell the policy to customer but it depend on how you can convince and individual to buy it.
Some times the explanation an insurance company gave on each policy to customers and how clearer it is to them will determine the rate of there peronism . They insurance packaging really matter also to convince the prospect about the policy individual can buy.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I believe insurance business is not something that can easily be set up because it requires a lot of capital for the process to go on smoothly. In some ways, I think one can be a marketing agent for one of the insurance companies out there and you will earn good money from it

Good luck

Verified member
I do not think it is a big issue to sell an insurance policy to people.it is what one can easily do online,just follow the rules and guideline given to you and always pay your monthly premium as at when due.s o it is not a difficult task to engage in any insurance policy of your choice in any area you Base.

G

gauts

It is not easy to sell insurance policies in the market because there is a lot of competition. some insurance companies are trying to make agents on every doorstep. The people compare quotes of at least three to four insurance agents and then buy the policy on the online platform which is much cheaper.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It depends on the location and the type of people living in the location. It is easier to sell insurance policy to those that live in the city where we have more companies and educated people compare to the rural areas where people may not even know the usefulness of insurance