Is It Possible To Evade Loss In Forex Trading

moonchild

VIP Contributor
As we all know loss In forex is inevitable, there are some trades that won't go our way, maybe due to reversal, lack of liquidity etc

So, the best thing is to keep these losses very very low and the way to achieve this is by using small lotsizes, by using small lot size you have reduce unnecessary exposure of your account balance and no matter how a lose occur you won't be lose much more money.

Also, it makes you to focus on only high probability trades, that is, since you're only using a small lotsizes you have to maximize your profit.

Using this technique you won't Evade Loss completely but you'll be able to mitigate it to the barest minimum and therefore it won't have a negative impact on your trading account.

If you're starting out with a very small account, then the only way to avoid mega losses is to use a cent account., because using a cent account, if you have a 10$ balance it will be converted to $100 which I think is fair enough to start out trading.

In conclusion it is not possible to escape losses completely in Forex, but you can mitigate them

E

eldavis

I do not think this is possible, no matter how good you are, or the years of experience you have under your belt, there would still be a time where one or more losses might come in. I once came across an organization where they have so many experts who carry out trade sections and give out signals, I have seen most sections where some of them make losses. The difference between a professional trader and a beginner is the fact that a professional can control their level of losses to a certain degree.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
You are right about keeping the losses at a very minimum level because to be candid it is highly impossible to totally aviod losses in business in general let alone in forex, the laws of nature has spelt it out so clearly for us to see. There is absolutely time for everything in this world, there is time to make profit and time to make losses, this is so because the equations must be balanced. And in business we can not be making profit all through all we can do is minimize the level of losses that we get on our trades.

I have had my fair share in the forex trading business and i must be honest it is not an easy fit. I learnt how to trade forex as far back at 2007 from one of the best at the time. But the amazing thing is that even my boss in the business would time me that he was not perfect and that he still incure losses, even huge losses in most cases. The forex or crypto market is designed in such a way that it one can not totally aviod losses this is so in other to maintain a balance of the system and to help the system stay healthy and aviod crashing.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Thank you for sharing , That is what we must understand. it is not really easy for us to completely eliminate losses in cryptocurrency because no matter what may happen , we will always missed a trade even after we made profit with so many trade. The ability of how we can minimise our loss and also expand our profit is what make people professional traders.
Generally to be in the server side , you need to be able to generate a signal with at least 75% accuracy and the profit ratio must be 75/30 . At least if you are winning in 75% of your trade and losing in just 80% it is quite possible to be earning some money on monthly basis and be on profit as a professional trader.

The most simplest way to have much understanding of some of these things is to enroll on a professional course on forex trading and with this , they will teach you how you can be able to make money on forex trading perfectly without having to lose some of your money and also how you can observes signs that indicates a good buying and selling signals. It's all requires dedication.

Finger Geek

Verified member
The best thing we need to do when trading forex is to practice money management. Because there is no one that has a 100% assurance on his or her predictions. So when we practice money management in every of our trades, it will reduce the risk of lossing our money and it will also help us to regain our lost.

Like me I do trade forex and I make profits any time that I trade. It is not that I don't lose at all. But because I practice money management in my strategies that I use to trade forex and all my lost will be recovered when I make profit in my next trade.

Someone that wants to trade with $100. I will advise if he is still new trading nit to take leverage that is more than 1:100. And when entering a trade, he should not trade more than 0.1 lot on a trade and also if it is $10, 0.01 lot is okay. When setting the stop lost it should not be more than 50 pips depending on the market and the strategy the person is using.

When we do all this. It will minimize the risk in lossing our funds and also an opportunity in gaining back our lost.

Shaf

Verified member
Just like every other endeavor in life, forex will always come with losses.
Believing you can escape that is setting yourself up for severe disappointment.

One of the first rules to learn is risk management and that's because if losses that will inevitably occur. This way, you have the peace of mind that you are not blowing your account at any point in time

If you really want to avoid losses, learning and developing profitable strategies is the way out. Even this is not fail proof as strategies fail, and once a strategy becomes overused, the market makers look for ways to make it invalid so they can use you as exit liquidity.

That's why some traders rarely share their strategies that work or they are constantly changing them once they discover they no longer work as before.

Feeble

Forex trading is risky and every trader is bound to encounter some losses in the forex market. But it’s ok to incur losses in the learning process. Minimizing your losses is possible through risk management. You need to set up stop losses for every trade and stick to a profitable strategy that works for you. Educating yourself about the forex market and trading can save you from losing money due to making bad trading decisions. It takes time to learn and acquire skills as a forex trader. It is better to play it safe until then and only risk a small amount that you can afford to lose.

Vigorish

It is not possible to avoid loss like the plague. It is always going to be part of the deal you’ve signed up for. You will suffer some loss but look at the bright side to the whole picture, you will also make really good profit. Minimise loss by applying risk management strategies and you will flourish.

Jenet

Forex trading, or in fact any kind of trading involves both profit and loss. It is not possible to always win, or always lose. Profit and loss are the two seats of a see-saw that keeps forex ongoing. However, I must say that it is definitely possible to reduce the amount of loss. Using proper risk management strategies can help us significantly reduce our losses and save our trading capitals and profits. It is one of the most highly important forex trading aspects.

Ivo Zetticci

Verified member
I can assure you from my experience that if you can follow proper money management tips, you can do well from Forex. Trade with such a broker that offers you better facilities for good money management.

Turrical

Forex is a highly risky business and losses are inevitable but they can be managed. The key is to minimize your losses and maximize your profits is to imply right money management and risk management strategy. There are a few things you can do to help you achieve this goal. First, don't put all your money into a trade. And use stops appropriately.

Jack Reacher

Verified member
Forex is served by several brokers and facilities provided by brokers have impact on your earning. So select such a broker that is congenial for you.

Suba

Staff member
I agree with your opinion, although losses are impossible to avoid completely but at least we can reduce the risk of loss by: We don't need to over-trade the funds we have, because the margin system in forex so we have to be more careful how many lots we have to trade you should use 10% of the funds you have each time you enter a position. Better to use your own analysis/strategy and don't use someone else's strategy. Trading by moment so you don't have to enter the market every day and take a position, a good moment especially when your body and mind are fresh and don't forget to learn continuously.

Asahi

Verified member
It is sad to let you know that many traders don’t practice on demo account that keeps them lag behind. Expert traders always trade in demo account besides their real account to retain experience.

Palaeophile

A good risk management plan works well to try to minimise loss during the trading process. Loss cannot be avoided. It is part of the market and is bound to happen sooner or later. Every trader experiences loss. It is normal. Traders need to find ways to lessen the effect of risk during their ongoing trades. This may seem as a challenge but it is also a great way to gain control even though the market can be so unpredictable.

Gastrolatry

Losses are something that is associated with every business, including forex trading. This issue can only have one solution–-recognize the reasons for your capital loss in the trade, then plug any gaps in your approach. Losses and gains are a normal part of trading, so don't be concerned. With proper risk management and using stop loss in your strategy you can reduce losses upto some extent.

Titulus

Look, loss is a part of trading. It is a foolish question to ask whether you can evade loss completely, because you can’t. However, with proper risk management techniques, and knowledge, you can reduce the amount of loss.

Sombole

Right. It is not possible to evade losses, but a trader can try to minimise them. Which is why risk management is so important to apply. There are several methods to apply stop loss in forex trading - such as, to trade less, using pivot points, sticking to the timeframe, applying stop loss, 2% rule and others.

Numiinous

Forex trading involves significant risk, which can't be totally eliminated, but it can be minimised by using risk and money management measures. learn about it.

Walkabout

It is ok to incur losses in the beginning of your career. You can not completely eliminate it from your trading. Although it is possible to minimize losses to some extent.