Is it true that Third class Degree holders won't be successful?

Haypril

Such statement or ideology is wrong, there are successful business individuals out there that lacks a sound education. Most of this persons are school drop out and not forgetting that some leaders in some countries (e.g Nigeria) has changed the padlock which has render the keys obtain from education kind of useless, since education is said to be the key. So third class degree has nothing to do with been successful.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our country the graduates of expensive private schools get the slice of the cake, so to speak, when it comes to applying for a job. That is the fruits of the invested of their parents to pay the expensive tuition. I graduated in a 2nd class university and if ever I was schooled in the 1st class universities then I probably would have been a manager earlier in my professional life.

Queentener

I've come to realise that people's thinking evolves from what happens in their circle or around them, which you can't blame them. To some people the degree is what determines success because of the environment they are in. How they've seen those who have a good grade rise up to the top and seeing that those who has lower grades stays at the bottom, this set of people can't be told otherwise it is what they see so they believe the only way to success is having a good grade. While on the other hand there are people who in their circle they see people with low-grade rising above those with good grade because they know their way, they decided not to let the grade affect them, decided to use their skills and what they are good at to rise to the top. This category of people at the same time will tell you that grade doesn't matter what matters is what you have to offer. So the two categories are right and that is how life is we view life differently, we view things differently and it doesn't mean one person is right and the other person is wrong it's just meant to be like that.

Psalmseen

No. I totally disagree with that. You can be a first class holder and not be successful and you may not be educated at all and be highly and greatly successful than a master's holder. Success in life is not and can never be measured by your level of education. Success is a mindset. It is a determination, it is a product of your mindset. If you are optimistic about life. Even if you are a third class graduate, but you don't live your life on the third class and you don't subject your life to it. You'll be definitely be a success and you Will be celebrated. There are lots of non graduates that are successful and they hire graduates to pay them

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Its the irony of life that even the first some times don't get and that doesn't mean that 3rd class or even uneducated will not get.
Some time the 1st class will not get and the 3rd class will get its luck .its a bad statement to be saying that and its not good at all.
Even if the 3rd class don't get he can still employ 1st class in future.
Never underrate any body.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

It is not true that thrid class graduate will not be successful in lifeyou don't depend on your mindset and also your ability to face life and face challenges in life and it is not a must that a first class will always be successful all this depends on how life take the person or the person define his or her life. However you have to work hard no matter your greed and qualification in order for you to achieve success in life success is in your determination consistency vision dream and not in your grade.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view as a well experienced business man I don't believe degree or qualification in school or education can make you successful in life the only thing that can make you just fill in life is your determination and hard work when you are determined and hard-working there is a possibility for you to be successful in life but even if you have all the degree in the world if you're not determined and hard-working you might still end up unsuccessful

Veetos12

I was having a chat with one of my bosses that almost turned to an argument about the success rate of most third class graduates. Most boss is a first class graduate from University of Michigan, he graduated in the early 20s and has been successful ever since. He said most of his secondary school class mates that either schooled in Nigeria or abroad that graduated with a first class are all successful while those that graduated with a third class are all living from hand to mouth.

I tried to make him see reasons with me that this is the 21st century and it's a digital age and that successful people don't depend on their degrees again . But he was having none of it and marshalled his points in a way that was convincing.
So forum members, I want to know if he is actually right that 3rd class Degree holders would have a hard time especially those in Nigeria.
This is not true at all because no one can say that education is the only means of becoming successful in Nigeria. Take for example, third class degree holder are the ones doing well in business circle because they dont waste their time spending on pursuing education career, instead go into business. So they become successful even more than some people with good grades.

Segat

Making such conclusion will be a great mistake. Grade is not and can never be criteria to be successful however academics excellence provide a platform to be known. But academic platform is the only platform, there are other platform relationship platform, social influence platform.

Psalmseen

I totally disagree with that. Your result in higher level of learning does not determine your success in life. The major one needs to do either you are a first class holder, second class holder or be it a third holder is dependent on your level of sensitivity to opportunities that are around you. And again, in this world, the richest men in the world are not those with the academic best result, even most high profile business tycoons in the world now do not pass through higher level of learning and they at successful while they employ graduates with first class to.work under them. So please wake from your slumber and be sensitive to opportunities around you

IamDozzy

I was having a chat with one of my bosses that almost turned to an argument about the success rate of most third class graduates. Most boss is a first class graduate from University of Michigan, he graduated in the early 20s and has been successful ever since. He said most of his secondary school class mates that either schooled in Nigeria or abroad that graduated with a first class are all successful while those that graduated with a third class are all living from hand to mouth.

I tried to make him see reasons with me that this is the 21st century and it's a digital age and that successful people don't depend on their degrees again . But he was having none of it and marshalled his points in a way that was convincing.
So forum members, I want to know if he is actually right that 3rd class Degree holders would have a hard time especially those in Nigeria.

Abee111

Education or school qualifications works in line with success but not all.
Sometimes those that are with third class degree get that class of degree because they didn't discover what they are meant for or what they are suppose to do.and when they succeed in life, just check, they discover what they are designed to be and go for it.
Even if when you are first class holder,when you are not designed to be there, it will be useless

Teatea

This is so far from the truth, it depends on how well you make use of the opportunities that comes your way, guest class or not that is not the yardstick for measuring financial freedom in this time. There are several first class graduates that are working under someone with a third class certificate. Graduation with a third or pass grade is not the end of the world, it should only be a motivation to work harder.

Victor001

This perspective of judging someone based on grade is a very low trade mark, we have move past this age.your qualifications is only valuable to work for those who accept your quality,your skill will keep you longer in the system.we are been stuck in the system of salary earning, become an asset let people beg for your service.

Planet408

I disagree with this. The most successful and richest people in the world did not accumulate their wealth based on their academic background. They worked hard for their money and they were consistent in doing this. Many years later, success came their way. They creatively created a business that paid them far more than they expected. That's both physical and intellectual property.

D

Deleted member 27126

When would People wake up and snap out of the orientation that it is your degree that determines your success! This is sick to be heard every damn day! Your degree is different, your success is also different as well. Some people obtain jobs with their degrees and some are not able to. This does not mean the former are better than the later, not at all. In fact, the latter have always been seen to do more wonderfully well that's the former.

eojo2401

Education is just to test the level of students' intelligent. It has nothing to do with wealths or riches or success. In school they can used five years to teach you history and nature of rat and lizards as well as other irrelevant subject that will make students to be a slave to the wise investors.

eojo2401

Educational qualification or grade has nothing to do with success. We are in the world where fate will choose a secondary school holder to be a boss for a university graduate. There are several First Class graduates begging for job in a company headed by drop out.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do not know about Nigeria. But in my country (Pakistan), there are many people who are highly educated and they are having a hard time getting a job for themselves and keeping their family in a good position. The average salary in Pakistan is just 15,000 Rupees and people work here as if they are slaves. The expenses are much higher than that salary. So, yes, I do not think that degree matters when it comes to how much you earn.