Is low commission good for you as an affiliate?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Affiliate marketing is very simple and straight forward. You get paid for every product you sell as an affiliate.

You can promote affiliate products through website though this is not the only option. there are some other people who promote affiliate products through autoresponder and they are making cool money.

Different affiliate programs comes with different commission percentage. There are some affiliate programs that pay higher percentage.

For instance, clickbank.com to 75% commission of this issue generated for the products. You can earn hundred percent commission on warrior plus affiliate program.

There are some affiliate programs that pay less than 20% so you need to make a lot of sales to make good income.

so I want to ask that can you work for a low percentage commission as an affiliate?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Going for affiliate marketing products that have low commission is a waste of time because it doesn't make sense after promoting a product then you get a sale with low commission. A lot of people spend much money promoting affiliate marketing products and of course they were not to make it gains, so low commission product is a no-no.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Affiliating marketing with low income is too bad because its not easy at all to market for a company and before the product can sell.
I don't know why some company this days will be given out big job out with small pay and its not that they don't know how stressful marketing use to be some times.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Chibson there is an affiliate program I come across like that which place Luke commission on cheaper products. I contacted the manager and he said that it is easy to sell lot of the cheap products that's why they put no commission on them. And this means that I have to send a note of the product in order to make decent income promoting them.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@Chibson there is an affiliate program I come across like that which place Luke commission on cheaper products. I contacted the manager and he said that it is easy to sell lot of the cheap products that's why they put no commission on them. And this means that I have to send a note of the product in order to make decent income promoting them.
I don't like promoting such products because after everything you may not get any decent amount of money from it. it is better you use clickbank and promote products that have high commission and whenever you make up to 5 sales, you will definitely make a whole lot of money. Such cheap products can only be good if you are using free traffic.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Chibson I have been thinking of joining clickbank but the problem is that I come from a country which is not eligible to participate in their affiliate program. I have been trying different method to open an account on this platform but all proved abortive. Just of recent someone introduced me to another platform called share a sale and they have good commission but not up to that of clickbank.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Reward should at least be reasonable if not commensurable with effort. If the effort is not that much, I can ebn consider the low paid commission affiliate marketing program. But just like somone said, there are many expenses that are incurred just to promote a link than to be earning peanut.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@btaliat it is very true because you have to factor in the cost of keyword tools you are using to do keyword research for your website. Also someone will need to pay for the autoresponder you are using to communicate with the subscribers and all this cost money. So there is no point in promoting a product that will use little commission.

Jonaville

Well for someone starting out newly, he can make do with low commission at first because his main aim is to build traffic at that particular time. So he can manage and as time goes on he can be doing the necessary upgrade on earnings if he has enough right traffic.

R

ricardom2211

There are good ways to earn money as an affiliate marketer in clickbank!

Jonjer

I personally think affiliate marketing is hard. Low commission may mean more frequent sales, whereas one high commission payout could last you for weeks. You should aim for a reoccurring commission structure, where you're not only paid out once.

But if you're a beginner, you should have a mix of affiliate offers: low commission product(s), high commission products (such as funnel builders or web hosting affiliate programs), and then reoccurring commission products. Clickbank and Warrior Plus can disclose to you the affiliate products with upsell or recurring commissions.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There is no point in promoting affiliate products that offers commission rate. Because you are going to waste your time and resources just to make decent amount of money. But you just need little amount of sales to make enough money with affiliate program that offers high percentage in commission. This is the reason while some people are promoting product worth hundreds of Dollars to earn good income.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Tell me what products can get you upto 75 percent on clickbank, I will start promoting the same product and become rich in a short time. I am an Amazon associate and I earn upto 10 percent commission for successful sales. During the Black Friday sales and festive sales (Halloween sales, Christmas sales, New Year Sales, etc.), I can make up to $100 in month from affiliate marketing for Amazon. I earn that amount when the commission is 10 percent. If I could get 75 percent commission, I would be very rich. 10-20 percent is the standard rate for affiliate network.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It is better to promote products from trustworthy companies and get a low commission instead of promoting an unknown company that gives you a high commission. You earn from affiliate marketing only when the visitors buy the product you are promoting. A visitor will less likely to buy from an unknown store compared to reputed store.

Nite

Valued Contributor
There are so many affiliate programs, offering different commission rates. Never work for a too low percentage commission as an affiliate marketer. Commission is kinda like the backbone of affiliate programs, and the only thing motivating affiliates in selling the product, if it is low then it doesn't make sense. Commission should be encouraging enough to attract the affiliates, so that they keep sending customers to the company.