Is Palm oil production a good Business?

funmi

Verified member
Palm oil is a very useful ingredient in making foods in Nigeria and some other Africa countries. If it is well produced, it is good in making foods like soup, cooking beans, stew and many more.

Production of palm oil is not that easy because it involves alot of processes and it is time taking too.

But if we can try to mechanise the whole process, this will make the work easier and less stressful for the producers. When I talked about mechanising the process of producing the farm product, it means that we should look for machines that can be used in washing the oil and sieving the oil and the per boiling process too.
When machines are involved, it will make the work interesting. And there is money in this business because people do export palm oil to other countries.
What is your take in this? Do you have a contrary opinion about palm oil business? Please, share your idea.
Thanks.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I totally agree with you, because my relatives are into palm oil production here in Nigeria and they are making it big time. It only that it can be stressful if manually produced. But one can make very good profit within 6 months with the right strategies and means in use.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Palm oil production is a very lucrative business especially here in Africa. Sometimes I think that if the government of Nigeria can capitalise and invest heavily in palm oil production the economy will definitely boosted. It is largely common among rural area dwellers and of course they sale it to people dwelling in urban areas to make money.

funmi

Verified member
I totally agree with you, because my relatives are into palm oil production here in Nigeria and they are making it big time. It only that it can be stressful if manually produced. But one can make very good profit within 6 months with the right strategies and means in use.
Thanks for your response. Honesty, we need the government help to bring in machines into all this productions. If there is machines, it will reduce the stress of people in doing it manually and even make the oil cheaper for people that are buying and reselling to consumers.

funmi

Verified member
Palm oil production is a very lucrative business especially here in Africa. Sometimes I think that if the government of Nigeria can capitalise and invest heavily in palm oil production the economy will definitely boosted. It is largely common among rural area dwellers and of course they sale it to people dwelling in urban areas to make money.
Thanks for your response. All we need our government to do for us in Nigeria is to empower the farmers. In fact they should not give them money, they should only provide good machines that will make oil production process easy and faster for them. This will help to reduce the price of things in the markets too.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Definitely, especially for the had-working people in the rural aeas. They need the aid of both the governments and other financial bodies that can help to make the work less cumbersome fo them. I have been there so I know how strenuous the process can be when done manually. They need help

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Its quite painful when I look at my country and I see alot of untapped opportunities and resources and yet we have somany poor people, well I will still shift the blame to the government. Because Palm oil business is very lucrative and should be seriously harnessed at it can contribute to our foreign export. It is an international good.

OlaAdams

Palm oil is a very useful ingredient in making foods in Nigeria and some other Africa countries. If it is well produced, it is good in making foods like soup, cooking beans, stew and many more.

Production of palm oil is not that easy because it involves alot of processes and it is time taking too.

But if we can try to mechanise the whole process, this will make the work easier and less stressful for the producers. When I talked about mechanising the process of producing the farm product, it means that we should look for machines that can be used in washing the oil and sieving the oil and the per boiling process too.
When machines are involved, it will make the work interesting. And there is money in this business because people do export palm oil to other countries.
What is your take in this? Do you have a contrary opinion about palm oil business? Please, share your idea.
Thanks.
Is Palm oil a good business to start. i think its all depend on the way you look at it. as far as i am concern palm oil is a very useful product not only in Nigeria but nation wide. aside using it for cooking it can be use to make beauty product, and also to make soap as you have stated.
i am of the strong opinion that palm oil is a very used products.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It is a profitable business but it can only be profitable if you are in a location that you can easily have access to palmfruit for the palm oil production but a situation in which you do not have access to this then it might be difficult for you to import them to your location. This is what I think about it.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Palm oil is majorly seen as a cooking ingredient in my country. However, Palm kernel has been well sought after, by the western world during the colonial era up till today. Palm oil is use for the production of so many beauty product, which are useful for beautifying oneself. E.g Cream, Soap etc....

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Its no doubt a good business , because many people in my location are earning lot of money from the business , since the farmers sells the crops for them in low prices , so when they produce it finish they would sell to the consumer in large quantity and add their more profit to it after selling the business , so its a good business that requires more effort and investment

Dora Wi

Palm oil is indeed a lucrative business, but unfortunately it's very very bad for the environment. I think it would be worth considering whether there are any alternatives, or any methods that could make palm oil production less environmentally taxing.

D

Deleted member 28127

I think because it is a rentable business due to health benefical of palm oil as researchers are thinking nowadays but I have read a comment in this discussion that it is bad of environment could you explain more @Dora Wi your point of view because for some own research I think the opposite instead there is bad facts I doesn't know may use of it reduce palms that has ecological role or something else not mentionned.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I don't know if your palm oil is the same as our coconut oil. Coconut farmers are making the harvest into copra - the flesh of matured coconut that is dried for extracting the oil. It was a good business when I was young. But lately the manufacturers of coconut oil buy the coconuts as is and they do the processing. That means reduced prices for the coconuts.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I do not know much about other countries but in my own country palm oil is one of the most popular and most used cooking oil. It is a very good oil and nutrition is see that it contains a lot of valuable nutrients. Apart from using it in cooking it also has a lot of other functions like being used to make soaps, greese , detergents so I think that any investment in it is going to be very valuable.