Finance Is Research Funding Ethical Or Unethical Funding Strategy?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many people who often underestimate the importance of research when it comes to business. I have seen that there are many companies and businesses that fund studies and hire researchers to carry out a research on their products and produce the desired results in order to make an influence over the buyers' decision to purchase the products. For example, many chocolate companies fund researchers just to prove that chocolates are healthy. I think they also pay the researchers and the publishers of journals to get their study appear in the scientific journals. These studies are then published by the major news outlets. After that these researches are circulated on social media by the marketing managers of the companies and other media organizations who have huge followers. This can make people purchase chocolates if they start believing that chocolates are healthy and research also supports this notion. So, would you like to fund money when it comes to researching and promoting your products? Isn't such kind of biased research funding unethical just to promote product? I personally think it is kind of unethical to fund such research and publish misleading research.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Ethical Research Funding may well be the most effective way to fund research, as long as its sources and intentions feed into general moral and legal principles. Please get grants, investments, or any donations that help in genuine purposes like researching problems that affect the society and advancing knowledge. It is ethical indeed. Nevertheless, the road can be dangerous if there are strings attached to the objects of research financing, unethical practices are applied, the situation is not crystalline, or the research is related to the actions, which are allowed according to the ethical principles. Strict supervision and implementation of protocols are some actions that need to be undertaken to have the research funds conform to ethical restrictions.