Is "Sales Discount" Offered By Big Brands A Great Way To Attract Customers?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Almost all the businesses provide sales and discount on some special days. They even use many kinds of advertising techniques to entice customers to visit their outlet. This thing is very common when it comes to clothe brands. There are many garment brands in my country that manufacture ladies clothing and they know that ladies are interested in buying clothes, so they provide "Sales discount" on purchases. They use SMS marketing techniques and social media marketing strategies to get more customers. They also use banner advertisements on various kinds of websites. So I do think that it is a great technique to get customers interested in your brand, what do you say? Please do provide your opinion regarding sales discount offered by brands.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Giving out discounts is a very easier way to get customers. But the fact is that I don't think it should be done by a startup owners. Most times, discounts do affect the profit of business owners. That's why it is not advisable for people that are just starting businesses. But for big brands as you have highlighted, there is no big deal in giving out discounts to customers in order to appreciate them.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to household items the discounts are not very effective with the consumers. But with clothing and shoes they are not bought every day and the discount promo would seem to be an opportunity for those who have plans of buying shoes or clothing. Most likely the discount is effective.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Anything to attract customer will yield fruit provided it is perfectly fine. Nobody wouldn't like to get a discount for anything bought especially when you didn't expect it and no other place is giving such discount. You would want to have a repeated buy from there again.so it a good business strategy.

Setho

VIP Contributor
It is actually a business strategy that can convert very well provided that you put the right amount of discount and you run it at the right time of the year. A lot of companies offer news discount promotions whenever they are trying to eject a new product into the market and they want to penetrate.