Is saving the best way to start an investment?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Saving is done for many reasons and among the reasons for saving is for investment purposes. Some people have decided never to go into loans or even vowed never to enter into debt because of business.

However, this decision may not be upheld for some reasons. Some people are earning mesgre salary which won't allow them to have substantive amount for saving or amount that will be able to start a business.

Now as an individual, do you think individuals should only focus on their saving and never consider the time it takes them to save the required amount to start their business.

These kind of people that prefer waiting always do it in oder to avoid problems that always happen as a result of inability for repayment.

However, some people against these people and claim that if one is truly serious and business oriented, one should not be depending on saving alone. One can still employ other methods to get money for business.

Which category are you and why are you supporting the category.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Saving is a good form of investment as you're saving your money for a long time uses, but saving money does not increase the money as investment that is why if you have money to save for a long time it is always advisable for you to invest the money in a trusted government organisation..

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Like I have always said, and will continue to say that people should not save all their money or invest all their money. Saving is very good because you will always see something to fall back on whenever you are broke. Many people say if to invest, especially those who do not earn large amount of money.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Saving is a good form of investment as you're saving your money for a long time uses, but saving money does not increase the money as investment that is why if you have money to save for a long time it is always advisable for you to invest the money in a trusted government organisation..
That's right. But the question I am asking is that can somone rely on saving alone while trying to get capital for his business. There are some people that don't want to borrow money before they start business. So I am now asking if one can depend on his or her savings alone to start his business or he can borrow.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Like I have always said, and will continue to say that people should not save all their money or invest all their money. Saving is very good because you will always see something to fall back on whenever you are broke. Many people say if to invest, especially those who do not earn large amount of money.
You are very correct. No one knows tomorrow. So it is not good to be investing everything that we have. We need to save money for some unforeseen circumstances. But what I am asking is that is it normal for somone to save for many years just to start a business or the person should go and borrow.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That's right. But the question I am asking is that can somone rely on saving alone while trying to get capital for his business. There are some people that don't want to borrow money before they start business. So I am now asking if one can depend on his or her savings alone to start his business or he can borrow.
Yea,if you are determine not to get a loan then you must rely on the your saving and sometimes donation by philanthropist,if you want to rely on your capital then you need to start small and grow it to your desired expectation, you may not have money to to start all at once.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I can agree that saving can be the first step in investing. You need to have money to invest so if you have no money at hand then you probably need to save in order to have the funds to be invested. Right now our plan of investment is land but our savings is not enough so we are still saving more money for that purpose.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I can agree that saving can be the first step in investing. You need to have money to invest so if you have no money at hand then you probably need to save in order to have the funds to be invested. Right now our plan of investment is land but our savings is not enough so we are still saving more money for that purpose.
Yes I agree with you that saving is one of the first step we must adopt if we want to do an investment but there is an investment that requires a minimum amount of money,since you want to invest in land but it may take years for you to save enough money to buy your dream land, don't you think it is advisable for us to use the small money we have to start up a business then grow the business to a point of getting profit to buy this land ?

Briangsam

Saving for investment is actually the best for a couple of reasons. You will have peace of mind being in the knowledge of not owing anyone. Then you won't be in debt in case the investment doesn't work out. But if your saving is so meagre and cannot cover your investment capital, then seeking for loan should be an option.