General insurance Is working in insurance a good career?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Every profession comes with their own advantages and disadvantages. people who are engaging in different professions are always proud of what they are doing and this include Insurance Agents.

Insurance agent stands as a link between insurance company and prospects. They act like a football scout who look out for I'm at your player with full potential.

Insurance Agents in the area around to educate prospects on different types of insurance and how they can benefit from them all.

Insurance Agents can work either full-time or part-time. Also they can work with different companies as they are doing this to expand their chances to make more money from different transactions.

One thing is that Insurance Agents are not that popular. I want to ask that is working with insurance company a good career?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To the people that are doing it and making money from it, they will tell us that it is really a good career. Whereas, someone that has found it difficult to make meaningful money from it will see it as a bad or manageable career. So it all depends on the personality.

G

gauts

To start with any business it is most important to know that particular field. If you want to succeed as an agent you need to have proper knowledge of products. when a customer comes to you then you should be in a position to guide him.
On another side, if you want to join insurance company then you can join it as a fresher also because they provide all the training to the employees. Also, there are many exams in the insurance industry if you pass those exams then it would be an advantage for you.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I really don’t see any reason why it can’t be considered as a good carrier. Well one can say it is quite challenging as a job in a country like mine. This is because insurance business is not very much lucrative, the amount of illiteracy is very high in nigeria

Good luck

Verified member
It is not a bad idea working as an insurance personnel.It is lucrative and profitable.But you must be devoted and diligent in your work so as to get more clients to the company you are working with.you need to have a good human relations and communications.If you can't relate well then you may not be able to make it big in insurance company

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Many are into the business earning awesome profit from it ,so they see it as a good career ,I the insurance have its own department in schools ,you can study the course in the school and earn some amount of money at the end of the day by becoming agents , broker ,etc

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Of course it is a good career because you will be actually paid for your services as a worker in the insurance company. firstly it depends on the company you are working with and the kind of salary they are paying you as the case may be. If the salary is worth it then it is definitely a very good work.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Of course it is a good career because you will be actually paid for your services as a worker in the insurance company. firstly it depends on the company you are working with and the kind of salary they are paying you as the case may be. If the salary is worth it then it is definitely a very good work.
Yeah I think most times it depends on the company you are working for and one interesting part is that the insurance agents could actually work for two or more companies that would actually remove the financial burden on him or her ,even if a particular company is paying low amount

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Yeah I think most times it depends on the company you are working for and one interesting part is that the insurance agents could actually work for two or more companies that would actually remove the financial burden on him or her ,even if a particular company is paying low amount
Normally, insurance agents don't have any company they work for directly. They are only a partner and a third party between the insured person and the insurance company. They get most of their money through commission paid for this service. This means it depends on insurance agents to work harder to find who will patent with him.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Normally, insurance agents don't have any company they work for directly. They are only a partner and a third party between the insured person and the insurance company. They get most of their money through commission paid for this service. This means it depends on insurance agents to work harder to find who will patent with him.
I understand that they are not related to the company interms of service to the company ,the only part I meant was that they could work as an affiliate marketer to the insurance company and they earn some commission after bringing in a client that would subscribe for the insurance policy I think

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Working insurance is a good career you can only know about this when you associate with the top professionals in the insurance industry. most of the insurance agents in my country lives in exotic environment and they do usually go on vacation in most of the advanced countries. we also go for seminars often to increase your knowledge about the business.