Kirkus- Get paid for reading books/writing reviews of the books.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Kirkus is a site that hosts books. That is to say, authors upload their books there. Kirkus now offer these books for people to read and write a review about these books. The reviews are published on the Kirkus website as a kind of promotional material for the book. In return, the book reviewer is paid for the great service.

To earn from Kirkus doesn't require anything special. You just need to have reasonable strength in the English language and have basic writing ability, and above all, you must enjoy the art of reading.

To get started, you would need to apply on the site by submitting a sample book review you have done. For any book at you have ever read, just write a review for them so they can ascertain you are competent to be doing a book review for them. When you are accepted into the site, you would join the review team and be able to access books to read. Each book you pick has a payout. You are given three weeks to read the book and submit the review. If the review is up to standard, you would be paid and your review published. They pay through Pay Pal.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Wow thanks a lot for posting this here. From your thread it seems like the site will be a very nice one and I will try it out immediately.

There are some sites I've seen before and I tried signing up but their payment method was not so favourable for me so I'd
love to ask about how one can be able to make withrawal after earning from the above mentioned site.

If possible, list out the methods if they're more than one and any other information that you think will be helpful and necessary with regards to the question and query that I have asked.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Wow thanks a lot for posting this here. From your thread it seems like the site will be a very nice one and I will try it out immediately.

There are some sites I've seen before and I tried signing up but their payment method was not so favourable for me so I'd
love to ask about how one can be able to make withrawal after earning from the above mentioned site.

If possible, list out the methods if they're more than one and any other information that you think will be helpful and necessary with regards to the question and query that I have asked.
Let me start by telling you some bad news that might turn good news depending on how you take it. This site pays only through PayPal but I have earned over $100 from the site. PayPal doesn't allow Nigerians to receive payments which I know. There are guys in Nigeria whose major job is to exchange all forms of digital payments and pay you the naira equivalent to your Nigerian bank account. How they do it? That's not your business. I have worked with a number of them and I dare say there are ones that are highly trustworthy.

I would for one recommend Catalyst Exchange. You can check him out on nairaland. I understand you might be skeptical but it is understood.

That's how I receive my funds from Online Book Club. I make use of Nigerian online exchangers. I use their PayPal and get the payments, they pay me through my bank account.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Let me start by telling you some bad news that might turn good news depending on how you take it. This site pays only through PayPal but I have earned over $100 from the site. PayPal doesn't allow Nigerians to receive payments which I know. There are guys in Nigeria whose major job is to exchange all forms of digital payments and pay you the naira equivalent to your Nigerian bank account. How they do it? That's not your business. I have worked with a number of them and I dare say there are ones that are highly trustworthy.

I would for one recommend Catalyst Exchange. You can check him out on nairaland. I understand you might be skeptical but it is understood.

That's how I receive my funds from Online Book Club. I make use of Nigerian online exchangers. I use their PayPal and get the payments, they pay me through my bank accounts

Thank you so much for responding to this. But if I may ask, can you try to elaborate more on how I can also be able to get in touch with one or two of the people who you make exchange with.

Is catalyst exchange a platform or an entity that does the exchange and how can I be able to get in touch with them

I'll go and check out nairaland immediately but I'll be glad if you'll make my process easier and shorter by telling me more.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
I think I would like to work on this website. Just as I read, Kirkus is a website that offers a platform for authors to upload their books and have them reviewed by readers. As a book reviewer, you can earn money by reading books on the Kirkus website and writing reviews about them. The reviews are used as promotional material for the book and are published on the Kirkus website. In return, the book reviewer is paid for their work.

To become a book reviewer on Kirkus, you will need to have a good command of the English language and basic writing skills. You should also enjoy reading. To get started, you will need to apply to the site by submitting a sample book review. This can be a review of any book you have previously read. The purpose of the sample review is for Kirkus to assess your competence as a book reviewer. If your application is accepted, you will join the review team and be able to access books to read and review. Each book has a set payout, and you will have three weeks to read the book and submit your review. If your review is of a suitable standard, it will be published on the Kirkus website and you will be paid through PayPal.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Thank you so much for responding to this. But if I may ask, can you try to elaborate more on how I can also be able to get in touch with one or two of the people who you make exchange with.

Is catalyst exchange a platform or an entity that does the exchange and how can I be able to get in touch with them

I'll go and check out nairaland immediately but I'll be glad if you'll make my process easier and shorter by telling me more.
I think I have recounted this post somewhere here before. I joined online book club last year and opened a PayPal account unknown to me that Nigerians can't receive payments from PayPal. They paid for my first book review into that PayPal account but I couldn't claim the money. Then I went and searched for PayPal to naira exchangers. I was directed to nairaland. That's how I took his number from his business page on nairaland. Chatted with him on WhatsApp and he gave me his PayPal address.

We agreed on a rate and I listed the PayPal address on Online Book Club. So anytime I had payment, they would pay to that address. He, Catalyst would pay me the naira equivalent to my GTB account. Never met him in person but he is highly trustworthy. There are I don't notice I have been paid but he would notice from his end. He would be the one to message me that I have payment. There are other exchangers too on nairaland but you have to be careful so you would not be scammed.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
I think I have recounted this post somewhere here before. I joined online book club last year and opened a PayPal account unknown to me that Nigerians can't receive payments from PayPal. They paid for my first book review into that PayPal account but I couldn't claim the money. Then I went and searched for PayPal to naira exchangers. I was directed to nairaland. That's how I took his number from his business page on nairaland. Chatted with him on WhatsApp and he gave me his PayPal address.

We agreed on a rate and I listed the PayPal address on Online Book Club. So anytime I had payment, they would pay to that address. He, Catalyst would pay me the naira equivalent to my GTB account. Never met him in person but he is highly trustworthy. There are I don't notice I have been paid but he would notice from his end. He would be the one to message me that I have payment. There are other exchangers too on nairaland but you have to be careful so you would not be scammed.
Okay thank you so much for taking your time to explain this to me. Its really really gonna be relieving for me to have a means of using PayPal to make withrawals. And if I may ask, do you also make withrawals on forums like this using that method and to be specific this forum?

Also are the rates at which you make those exchange higher that what we get here?

Nevertheless, I'll go ahead and do as you have prescribed. Thank you so much