Livestock business vs crop farming business, which one do you prefer?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Since ancient times, livestock or farm animals have been a good source of income for human beings. And at present, livestock farming is undoubtedly a money-making business both as large-scale and small-scale. If you want to start a livestock production business then here are some of the most profitable livestock farming business ideas.

If you have little space at your backyard then you can start farming there or else you can acquire a space for rent. The only thing you need to keep in mind is select an animal that has good demand in the market.

But on the other hand crop farming is still very lucrative mostly at this time when there is food shortage. People are really in dear need of food items infact this period really pays farmers. But which do you prefer?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Its good when you're dealing on livestock, you also take your time to invest in other agricultural options, like crops planting. You can rear them at same time and make ends meet from it. Its good to have diverse options of investment, in case one isn't productive at the moment you can use the later as makeshift and make money. But livestock and crop farming is always on demand.

Joy101

Both of them are very lucrative business depending how you set the business to be, but for me I prefer farming business because is very lucrative especially now that everything are very increasing, so farming business are generating much money from the business, but when dealing with livestock you have to take your time to invest other things.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Livestock requires a lot of time, you must be there all the time to watch over the stocks.
If you plant crop, all you need do is to monitor within few weeks that you have planted , rest is just to weed and this you can do periodically any time you wish.
Having said that, I prefer crop farming precisely cassava crop plantation.
Agriculture is a big business and very lucrative

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Livestock and crop have almost the same level of needed labor although cropping can be relaxing in between the planting and harvesting. But the profit is greater with the livestock especially hogs and chickens. They grow fast and become big money in 3 to 4 months. With cropping the main enemy is the weather. Usually a typhoon can ruin the entire crops.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Both livestock and crop farming are really great businesses. In fact some people balance both of them and it works really well. I think this is because both forms of farming require almost similar requirements to run them. For me, I think I will go for combining both crop and livestock farming.