long term or short term crypto investment which is better?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Investing in cryptocurrency is a very lucrative business but the question is whether to prefer long term investment or short term investment. So I would say that long term investment is much better because those who bought Bitcoin in 2011/12 are now billionaires earning billions. Crypto Currency keeps rising in long term investments and trade when the time is right.

Although If I do decide to start investing in crypto, I would prefer short term investment. I will be taking advantage of daily or weekly changes on price of Altcoins. I definitely don't have the patience for long-term investment especially for crypto assets. It's a volatile investment, one which you probably won't have time to keep an eye on for long.

What's your take in the topic?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You can't get any satisfying replies on this kind of topic, cos as a trader you enter the market based on your preference. Both long term or short term trading formalities, they look good it depends how you want it. Those who invest long term doesn't face high risk trading short term, they trade hoping for that coin's long time success.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It depends on your plan to trade many have invested on a short period and they still earn some amount of money ,while some still invest on a long term basis and still find it easy to earn ,do you proper learning of them market and know how and when to trade to earn and some amount of money off trading ,this are major key issues you need to focus more on before trading

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I may be wrong but I know of only two ways of making money on cryptocurrencies. It is either by trading which to me involves short term investment because you can decide to make money any day you feel like trading and as well we have the long term investment which include keeping of coins for some time. When it is high, then it will now be sold.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think short term crypto trading might be better option because you tend to gain profits quickly. However, you must have good crypto trading skills in order to earn money from crypto trading. Long-term crypto trading is riskier because of volatile nature of crypto and constant price fluctuations.

funmi

Verified member
As for me, I prefer long term trading of cryptocurrency. At times people loss a lot while trading short term. Long term trading will make you to panic less and worry less about the what ever what is happening on the platform. You will just keep your mind at the time or period you have fixed to withdraw.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
If you are investing in cryptocurrency for short term you may not be able to enjoy the full potential profit of that investment, if you are thinking of enjoying a reasonable profit with cryptocurrency you should consider it for long time because that is when the coin will yield a desired profit.

Shaf

Verified member
This is a legit concern for many who don't really understand a lot about cryptocurrency.

One of the main things to look at to see if you want to be a holder (long term) or a trader (short term) is your plan for the money. Do you want profits you can use or you want an investment which can yield more profits later?

There is also the risk that you may lose the money in the long run if the coin you are holding goes to zero. People say you can make more money buying low, selling high and then buying more quantity when the price drops again like in a bear market.

If you have a small amount of money to use, it might also be more realistic to trade it more aggressively which can be very risky with larger sums.

I prefer a combination of the two. This way, you can make money both in the long and short term, which helps you to maintain the patience to hold for long.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
You cannot really tell but both of them have the possibility of generating you some moneym . you have to choose base on so many things .
personally I will go for long-term investment because there are still a lot of huge profit potential to be made in the market.

Long time does not favours me in the sense that more money could have still been made if you continue to invest on but at the same time it is risky in the sense that the market may plunge into a full bear season and sometimes it might really take a whole lot of time for it to recover making it possible for you to make serious profit from your investment.

All I can say is that it depends on what you needs. you can go for long-term purpose and you can still go for short-term purpose depending on the one you are satisfied with.

Imran Noori

Verified member
Those who are Crypto long term holders will be always the winners because in this situation of the market it is difficult to predict the next moves, even sometimes the most expert traders couldn't predict the market.

But those who have patience and wait for the market to grow and then sell their coins when it's time comes will be the winners, crypto is a big business if you don't have enough patience then you may lose everything.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Personally I prefer trading system short-term. There are times when you invest for a long time and you eventually end up experience losses. For example someone that invested in Bitcoin at the beginning of this year is at a terrible loss now. So I prefer investing short-term and cashing out my profit then leave it for a longer period of time which is not certain. The only few times I have invested long time is when I had funds that I knew I did not need soon. But thankfully I made the right decision to swap the currency before I experienced too much loss on it. So for this reason I prefer short term investment in which I can monitor my portfolio and switch as soon as possible so as to prevent you huge loss than leave it for a longer period of time which will be more painful if I still experience loss.