making and selling pickled mango

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Another home-based business that is a sure money earner is making and selling pickled mango. This is a seasonal product so the business is also seasonal. The trick is to buy as many mangoes as you can and make it into pickled mango that you can place in plastic tubs or plastic bottles. The pickled mangoes are good for dessert or even a side dish for the meal.

IMG_8064 buro.JPG
The procedure is very easy. Wash the mangoes and choose the semi-ripe only because ripe mangoes would spoil while unripe mangoes would not taste good. Peel the mangoes and cut in thin slices. Place in a container and sprinkle a little salt with a lot of sugar. Let is stay in the refrigerator for 3 days but you have to stir the mangoes in the container every day. Pickled mango is our best seller especially now that mangoes are vanishing in the market already. With a capital of $10 including the plastic tubs our gross sale is $25 which means almost double of our capital.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Wow, I will definitely try this because I have not seen it before and it is not popular here in my country. I think I have to get to mangos and of course it and see how it will test. I may even make it popular here if it tastes great, I'm a student so I will spread the word among my fellow students about this new discovery. Thanks for the info.