Investment Making Money From Investments

arunima25

Verified member
In my home county, you can get up to 12 percent interest for fixed deposit bank accounts. Due to the high return on investment, a lot of old people prefer to save money in a fixed deposit bank account. However, for young people taking a risk and investing in other things like shares, or building own business are better choices.
12 percent is a very competitive rate and if I was in your country I would have gone for it with maximum of my saving budget. And definitely a good choice for elderly who do not want the trouble of understanding the market and keep a close track of it to do investment in market like shares, bonds etc. And starting a business needs a lot of energy and planning. So youth are more suited for it.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I believe that marrying a rich person may have its own disadvantages and I do not believe that marrying a rich person automatically makes you rich. This is because there are many rich people in my city who have married poor people, yet they do not inherit everything from them automatically and I believe that it depends on each and every country's laws entirely. usually, people inherit wealth after their partner dies.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Jeff Bezos ex wife married a school teacher. She left world's richest man to marry a school teacher. This is also a reality of our world. We cannot conclude anything just because a couple of people have done such thing. Getting rich is mainly about investing on something lucrative and working hard.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos married, they were not as rich as they are now. So, these women did not actually marry rich guys. Having said that a lot of women marry wealthy people just because they can live well off. This is a sad reality of the world.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't agree with points 2 and 3, marrying a rich woman may only be seen by people as being rich, but we can't enjoy that wealth, use money freely, while inheritance doesn't need to be expected. Being rich because of yourself is what you need to hope for because our fate is in our own hands. Want to be rich, don't work in an office, be an entrepreneur, and an investor, be frugal and diligent.
we would want to disagree on these points, but I think it is the reality of the world. Bill Gates wife, Jeff Bezos wife are some of the richest women in the world, but they did not earn that wealth, they got from their divorce settlement. Most of the rich people are rich just because their fathers were rich.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do not want to inherit wealth from my parents. This is my policy. I want to earn my own money and become capable enough to survice. I want to work hard and rely on Allah. This is my policy when it comes to becoming rich. We should never depend on any human at all.

Suba

Staff member
I don't agree with points 2 and 3, marrying a rich woman may only be seen by people as being rich, but we can't enjoy that wealth, use money freely, while inheritance doesn't need to be expected. Being rich because of yourself is what you need to hope for because our fate is in our own hands. Want to be rich, don't work in an office, be an entrepreneur, and an investor, be frugal and diligent.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The old way of inheriting wealth from a parent or relative would be really great. But many times, you have to work on yourself in order to grow wealth. I think that falls in your the tips in that you need to be rich yourself. And you can get wealthy by having several streams of income such as that of employment, investment and business.
You are correct People might become very rich by inheriting property from your rich relatives, however, if you do nothing to grow your wealth, the property will continue to deplete and you will no longer be rich. You need to invest your property so that you can build your wealth. Investment is the only way to build your wealth.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
The old way of inheriting wealth from a parent or relative would be really great. But many times, you have to work on yourself in order to grow wealth. I think that falls in your the tips in that you need to be rich yourself. And you can get wealthy by having several streams of income such as that of employment, investment and business.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to become very rich, you need to

Be very rich yourself.

You need to marry a rich person

You need to inherit a lot of money from your wealthy relative.
Marry a wealthy person to become rich. Well, people might laugh at this statement, but it is true. Jeff Bezos wife is one of the top 20 richest person on earth, thanks to the inheritance after divorce with Jeff Bezos. While, I may not do such thing, I will have to agree that this is the easiest way to get rich.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Robert G. Allen once said, “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.”
This statement from Robert G. Allen tries to explain that you need to invest money to become rich and you need to invest in the right program. Saving alone cannot make you wealthy.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Not readily believe in what you have said but then there is actually a lot of sense in it. Maybe he was trying to talk about the ways that automatically makes you a rich person. You can become rich if you make a lot of conscious and intentional effort was building unique brands and solving customer pain points.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Many years ago, I read a book titled “How to Become Rich.” I do not remember the name of the author but I do remember the three-point guide to become very rich.

Be very rich yourself.

According to the book, you can become rich only through the aforementioned methods. While there are also other methods to become rich for instance through coding (Mark Zuckerberg became a billionaire through coding skills); selling online (Jeff Bezos made money from Amazon); creating cryptocurrency (Vitalik made money by Creating Ethereum), etc. However, there is some truth in the three points listed in “How to Become Rich.”For example, Malcolm Forbes said, “I made my money the old-fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died.”

Last edited:

Mika

VIP Contributor
Saving in bank gives a certain amount of interest and you are assured of that. That's a risk free investment and people with traditional mindset opt for that. Business is one domain that involves a lot of risk but if it clicks, the return can be manyfold. One successful business can lead to a series of it. People with little appetite for risk can go for the combination of traditional savings with fixed rates in banks and investing some portion in risk taking stock market, mutual funds etc. But before that one has to earn enough to save and run a risk of loosing some for more return.
In my home county, you can get up to 12 percent interest for fixed deposit bank accounts. Due to the high return on investment, a lot of old people prefer to save money in a fixed deposit bank account. However, for young people taking a risk and investing in other things like shares, or building own business are better choices.

arunima25

Verified member
People do invest in real estate and properties. They either resell it after some time and gain a huge profit. Or they go for rental and lease agreement. That is also profitable in long run and assures a constant source of income too. Actually, many take loan and buy it. Then they rent it. With the rent they pay back loan after few years it is a profitable investment.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to making money from the investment it reminds me of a family friend who bought a van on installment. To help augment the budget for the repayment she was renting out the van to a driver for public passengers. After 3 years the van was fully paid and she is still earning from the driver who uses the van for public trips.

arunima25

Verified member
saving money in interest beating accounts is the easiest way to build income but that is not the best. Investing can be considered the best but if you do not have any prior experience in business, you may never invest in business. Investing on share market, or mutual funds can ba a good option for those who do not want to take pain in creating their own business
Saving in bank gives a certain amount of interest and you are assured of that. That's a risk free investment and people with traditional mindset opt for that. Business is one domain that involves a lot of risk but if it clicks, the return can be manyfold. One successful business can lead to a series of it. People with little appetite for risk can go for the combination of traditional savings with fixed rates in banks and investing some portion in risk taking stock market, mutual funds etc. But before that one has to earn enough to save and run a risk of loosing some for more return.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I totally agree to later part of your post. People end up saving their earnings in a traditional way as many of us don't have the appetite of risk. But then there are people who know how to grow their money. People get richer because they opt for ways where one can multiply their money that is called making money from money. Rich people expand their business horizon by investing their earnings from one business to start another one.
saving money in interest beating accounts is the easiest way to build income but that is not the best. Investing can be considered the best but if you do not have any prior experience in business, you may never invest in business. Investing on share market, or mutual funds can ba a good option for those who do not want to take pain in creating their own business

arunima25

Verified member
Many years ago, I read a book titled “How to Become Rich.” I do not remember the name of the author but I do remember the three-point guide to become very rich.

Be very rich yourself.

According to the book, you can become rich only through the aforementioned methods. While there are also other methods to become rich for instance through coding (Mark Zuckerberg became a billionaire through coding skills); selling online (Jeff Bezos made money from Amazon); creating cryptocurrency (Vitalik made money by Creating Ethereum), etc. However, there is some truth in the three points listed in “How to Become Rich.”For example, Malcolm Forbes said, “I made my money the old-fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died.”

Robert G. Allen once said, “How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case.”

This statement from Robert G. Allen tries to explain that you need to invest money to become rich and you need to invest in the right program.
I totally agree to later part of your post. People end up saving their earnings in a traditional way as many of us don't have the appetite of risk. But then there are people who know how to grow their money. People get richer because they opt for ways where one can multiply their money that is called making money from money. Rich people expand their business horizon by investing their earnings from one business to start another one.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Marrying someone that's self made or rich is like being a gold digger. And this is like saying you don't believe in yourself. If I may ask, does the rich in law also married to a rich person before getting rich? I believe in all those other ways of making money or becoming rich but I don't believe the one that says one needs or has to marry a rich person to be rich.
that is what I was trying to say that this is definitely not the best option because you will not be confident enough to enjoy the wealth of the person except you are a lady but as a man you may not be able to enjoy the wealth of a woman confidently because the society will be looking up on you as the provider of the family.