Making the pension work for you

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The title of this thread is no joke because the usual complaint of the pensioner is the small pension that they receive. Putting the pension into a business is a good idea but we have to take note that not anyone can handle a business. I believe that you need a high IQ for the business management and I admit that I do not have that. However, when the pension is not enough then I need to get a job otherwise I may go hungry. What's the choice left to the pensioner? It is investment. When you have saved a substantial amount in the bank and you do not have the IQ to do business then check the investment options.
1. Stocks - this investment does not need a big capital. However it is not easy to learn stock trading so you have to fully understand the stocks before you engage.
2. Forex - to be frank, this type of investment takes a long time unless you are willing to gamble with your money. Like the stocks, Forex does not need a big amount so you can instantly start speculating.
3. Crypto coin - this investment is not really good according to my study but you can try your hand. This needs a small capital only like $10 and you can start trading. But this investment has a high risk that you may lose. Good luck.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The pension is a great way to save for your retirement. But if you're not careful, it can work against you. We'll show you how to make sure that doesn't happen.

The pension can be a great way to boost your retirement income, but it can be complicated to figure out how much you'll need to ensure a comfortable lifestyle. We've put together some useful tips to make it work for you.
What should you do with a pension? If you're not going to draw on it for a few years, a simple buy and hold strategy – investing in shares and bonds – will always deliver the best returns. So if your retirement age is, say, 60 or above, what's the point of spending any more time re-jigging your portfolio? After all, the advantage of a pension fund is that it's tax efficient. The answer is: hold on. Because in investing there are no hard and fast rules. Choosing the right strategy for your individual circumstances can save you tax, remove the risk of being hit by nasty surprises and help support your financial plans.
You can invest in stock market at least that is the surest way to invest and not lose your money.

D

Deleted member 28127

It is hard that you use your pension for online investment or crypto or stocks because it is a few cents and hardly feeds your need on another side. Means you can invest but results are impredictable.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Pension is what we depend on when we have worked for a long time and set to retire, the truth is no everyone has the privilege of accessing pension fund in my country as pension is a language that is more common among those worjing for the government, only a few private organizations have plans for pension for their workers. The only unfortunate thing about pension in my country is that even after retirement those that are entitled to their pension funds do not have access to it as the goevernment is redundant in making the payment. Most of the times this things happens as a result of corruption and emblezzment of public funds but public officers, leaving the retirees in a position that I highly unbearable.

Hence when one is still in active service i will advice potential retirees to by all means make plans to have very good investment rather than saving their funds they should be investing it in a business so that they can fall back to it after retirement. Abother reason for that advice is because when you invest your funds it will enable you to over come the problem of inflation that will have a negative effect on one's savings.